My Invisalign cuts into the left side of my tongue, is this to be expected?

Tongue irritation

Yes, it is common for some trays to irritate the tongue. You can ask your doctor to polish the specific area that is causing the irritation. In the mean time, you can actually take a nail file to polish down a specific spot. You can also ask the doctor to polish all the future trays in this area. We commonly do this for our patients.

Regards,

Dr. Pam

Boca Raton Orthodontist

Invisalign cutting into tongue

Sometimes the trays can have a sharp edge which cuts into tongue or gums. You can either smoothen it yourself with a nail filer or just see your dentist who can do it for you in minutes. Do ask you dentist to demonstrate it to you so that in future, if need be , you can do it.

Natwarlal Tibrewal, BDS
Leeds Dentist

This is not to be expected. Go back to your dentist and have the tray re-contoured.This is a simple procedure.Your trays should be comfortable.

Ana Brightleaf, DMD
Santa Monica Dentist