Incisions are hurting and burning. Should I be worried?

It's been three weeks since my mommy makeover and recently my incisions are hurting and I'm feeling a burning sensation. I did my surgery in Miami and I am from NY, my doctor out here does not want to look at me. I was thinking on getting a lymphatic massage first and if the pain still occur I will go to the ER (Methodist Hospital). Being that I am only three weeks since surgery should I be worried? I just also mention that about a week ago a small part of my incision open under my stomach.

Discomfort and Pain with Incision Sites

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred.  However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks.  The #healing process make take at least 3-4 months until you see your final results. I suggest you contact your surgeon or their medical staff and further inquire. At any time, you have any concerns about your healing or recovery, it's best to contact your plastic surgeon  sooner than later,  to prevent any possible infections or #healing complications.

Dr Derby Sang

Although a burning sensation can be part of the healing process, this should be addressed by a physician to rule out any type of infection.Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Incision burning

You definitely need to be seen for an examination to make sure nothing bad is happening.  If you cannot get a PS in your area to see you then head to the ER.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Pain and burning

I would recommend a Plastic Surgeon evaluate you to determine what is going on.  You could have a fluid collection, infection, hematoma, etc.  You need to rule out problems that could jeopardize your result or health.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Incisions

Thank you for your question.  Although you are still in the healing process, burning and pain should be addressed by a physician to assure that there is no infection.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Incisions

Hi Sexyshev, thanks for the question. I am sorry you are experiencing discomfort. I really think an in-person evaluation in needed in order to rule out any complications. Call around to a few difference plastic surgeons, or even to your family practitioner. If no one will see you or they don't have immediate availability, then I suggest going to the ER. Best of luck. -Dr. Coan

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Report incision issues to your own surgeon.

You should report your problems to your own surgeon. Digital pictures can be sent as well for an online opinion. Your own surgeon can call another in your area if you need to be seen.

Incision hurting and burning

From your description, I would suggest you seek out a surgeon in your area to see you for follow up.  If you are not able to find one then go to your local hospital's emergency department.  Do not attempt to treat this problem on your own.  Best wishes, Dr Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon