Implant silicone 450 3/5/16 explant 10/4/16. Why do I still feel the pain of capsule contracture? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 3
Pain after explant
It is difficult to determine the cause of the pain without an examination. It could be that you are still healing from the surgery and the pain is related to the procedure. It is best to discuss your concerns with your surgeon who may be able to provide more insight.
Persistent pain after implants removed
Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.
- It is difficult to know the cause of your pain from a description.
- It suggests that your pain is related to the attachment of the pectoral muscle to the sternum.
- I suggest you give yourself a full six months tor recover
- If the pain is severe, ask your surgeon about a nerve block
- At times, pain becomes a cycle that is stopped or improved with a nerve block
- Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
Hello and thank you for your question. It is hard to definitively determine why you still have pain without an exam. Given that you recently had your procedure I would recommend allowing enough time for healing to occur. If you continue to have pain after you have healed I would recommend follow-up with your surgeon.
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.