Implant silicone 450 3/5/16 explant 10/4/16. Why do I still feel the pain of capsule contracture? (Photos)

I explanted on 10/4/16 because I had a cc on my right breast. I had severe pain in The right breast towards the breast bone. My ps left some of the capsule and now I'm in the same pain as before. The only relief is that I don't have those heave 450 silicone implants. When I move my arms or flex I feel pulling in the middle of the chest. She said she didn't remove it fully cause of the loss of breast tissue. What else can I do?I don't want any more surgeries. Please answer.

Pain after explant

It is difficult to determine the cause of the pain without an examination.  It could be that you are still healing from the surgery and the pain is related to the procedure.  It is best to discuss your concerns with your surgeon who may be able to provide more insight.

Persistent pain after implants removed

Thank you for asking about your breast implant removal.

• It is difficult to know the cause of your pain from a description.
  • It suggests that your pain is related to the attachment of the pectoral muscle to the sternum.
  • I suggest you give yourself a full six months tor recover
  • If the pain is severe, ask your surgeon about a nerve block
  • At times, pain becomes a cycle that is stopped or improved with a nerve block
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast explants

Hello and thank you for your question. It is hard to definitively determine why you still have pain without an exam. Given that you recently had your procedure I would recommend allowing enough time for healing to occur. If you continue to have pain after you have healed I would recommend follow-up with your surgeon. 

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician