I had Voluma injected along my jawline 2 months ago. Can I still have a necklift which includes a lower facelift as well?

How does the Voluma affect the results of the lift and how does the surgery affect the Voluma I have? If the surgery removes some of the Voluma, can I have more injected post-op or will it have some type of negative effect or stretch out the newly tightened skin?

Voluma before facelift or neck lift

Having Voluma injections in your jawline prior to facelift or neck lift surgery should be fine. However, make sure you tell your plastic surgeon that you had Voluma injections, when you had the injections and how much was injected, so that he/she is aware. 

Lower face and neck lift after fillers

You can proceed with the surgery you have planned even with the fillers already in place.  Do make your surgeon aware of the product and how much you had injected.  If any is lost as a result of the surgery, you can have more injected later if you wish.  

Camille Cash, MD

Voluma and Face/Neck Lift

I would consult your plastic surgeon about the amount of Voluma injected before your neck lift.  Many plastic surgeons are not concerned about Voluma and having facial surgery but I would definitely check with your individual surgeon.  Best, Dr. Green

Voluma along jawline affecting a necklift

The amounts of Voluma you had placed for jawline augmentation are not going to adversely affect your necklift.  You may lose some from the surgery but your surgeon can place more only if you need it.

Dr. Liu

Grace Liu, MD
Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma should not be affected by the facelift/neck lift procedure. They will run independent courses. You can also have more injected after your procedure if needed.

hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift after Voluma

Thank you for your question.  Voluma should not affect your lower face lift or your neck lift.  In fact, we are finding that hyaluronic acid fillers such as Voluma, #Juvederm, #Restylane, and #Belotero may actually improve skin quality and texture by stimulating production of collagen in the areas injected.   #Voluma can safely be injected after your lower #facelift and your #necklift. 

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon