i was told I have a scar tissue what should I do? (photo)

i had liposuction done on my stomach and love handle and flank august 16 august 24 i started ny dranaiged massage theatapy 6 session in i was told i have a scar tissue. My back side and stomach is hard I can't sleep at night garment is toooo tight

Liposuction - now have scar tissue

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • You are three and a half weeks after liposuction -
  • You are swollen.
  • If the garment is uncomfortable it MUST be changed -
  • A too tight garment is not good for your healing.
  • I see no sign that you have scar tissue - if it was the massage therapist, I am sure s/he meant well, but she does not understand how liposuction heals.
  • the fact is you are swollen and it will take months and months for the tissues to soften.
  • Please check with your own surgeon for guidance as to how things are going.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Hardening after liposuction

It is quite normal at this stage experience a building up of scar tissue that can cause hardening and lumpiness.Continue with massage and be patient it will soften up. If the garment is uncomfortable try next size up and if it give enough compression go for it.Good luckMr Netri

Giorgio Netri, MBBS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  It is normal to feel some hardness several weeks even months after liposuction.  Scar tissue is also normal.  If you feel that your garment is too tight you may want to ask your surgeon for a larger size so that you are more comfortable and able to sleep.  The garment is not supposed to be cutting off your circulation but just give you some support while you are healing.  Make sure to follow up with your Dr for regular visits.
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Post liposuction

Thanks for your question and photo.
It is normal to have firmness and hard areas for week to months after liposuction.  Scar tissue is a normal sequelae after any surgery.  The garment might be too tight.  Ask your Plastic Surgeon if you can try a larger size one wihich still gives you support but allows you to sleep.
Best of luck.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS