i was told I have a scar tissue what should I do? (photo)
Doctor Answers 4
Liposuction - now have scar tissue
- You are three and a half weeks after liposuction -
- You are swollen.
- If the garment is uncomfortable it MUST be changed -
- A too tight garment is not good for your healing.
- I see no sign that you have scar tissue - if it was the massage therapist, I am sure s/he meant well, but she does not understand how liposuction heals.
- the fact is you are swollen and it will take months and months for the tissues to soften.
- Please check with your own surgeon for guidance as to how things are going.
Hardening after liposuction
It is quite normal at this stage experience a building up of scar tissue that can cause hardening and lumpiness.Continue with massage and be patient it will soften up. If the garment is uncomfortable try next size up and if it give enough compression go for it.Good luckMr Netri
Best of luck,
Dr. Hisham Seify
You might also like...
It is normal to have firmness and hard areas for week to months after liposuction. Scar tissue is a normal sequelae after any surgery. The garment might be too tight. Ask your Plastic Surgeon if you can try a larger size one wihich still gives you support but allows you to sleep.
Best of luck.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.