I have severe indented scars on my legs. Is there any way to make them look even slightly better? (photos)

I had an accident in which the skin was scraped from my legs. I went to the hospital where I was for a week on antibiotics. They let me out and said it would heal on its own. A year later it was still 'healing' and worse. The infection was severe and after debriding, skin grafts and serious antibiotics I am ok. I am embarrassed to wear skirts or shorts and I never go to the beach in public. I am severely depressed and want to know if there is ANY way to make the scars less gruesome.

Fat grafting

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may be a candidate for fat grafting.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon