I want implants with minimal scarring but was told that I need a breast lift with lollipop or anchor scar. Opinions? (Photo)

I am 5'5" 147lbs 27 yrs old - no kids. I had a consultation for breast augmentation and realized I needed a breast lift. I am conflicted - I want fuller perkier breasts but I had never considered vertical scars. Is a donut lift a safe alternative? I have included a wish pic. I am not opposed to going big - so long as I stay proportionate. If I opted for breast augmentation, is it possible I may still need the lift later in life? I would like to avoid secondary surgery. What are my best options?

Breast Augmentation with Lift

You will need a breast augmentation with or without a lift to achieve your goal of fuller and perkier breasts. If you opt just for the breast augmentation procedure without the lift you may want to consider an oval shaped implant using a dual plane technique. These implants provide more fullness at the bottom of the breast. This is optimal in cases where there is a bit of sag or ptosis in the breast. It appears from the photo that your left breast sags a bit more than your right. The breast lift will improve your nipple position but this would be at the expense of a scar either around the areola or in the shape of a lollipop.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

To Lift or Not to Lift

I often obviate the need for a lift with a particular intra-operative surgical technique, as well using a little bit of a bigger implant.  Depending how much larger you would like to be would determine this.  However, you would need to be seen in the office of a board-certified Plastic Surgeon to discern this.

Dr. Urmen Desai

Lift or no lift

With the degree of droopiness you have leaves you with a few options. First you would need to decide on how much larger you are wanting to go. If that size is 350cc or more you may very well be a candidate for a dual plane or biplanar augmentation. I would discuss all options with your plastic surgeon.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

I want implants with minimal scarring but was told that I need a breast lift with lollipop or anchor sca

The stumbling block is that you want perky as well as larger. The implant will certainly give you larger and fuller, but not perky. The implant alone will leave you with a new breast mound right where it is now and the nipple might end up displaced lower as the implant will fill in the upper part of the breast. The implant alone now will not postpone the lift for very longer and actually might make you sag faster.

Julio Garcia, MD

Augment without pexy

You may be a candidate for the augment alone keeping in mind that too large an implant will exascerbate the tendency for sagging.  No one can provide guarantees of what will be needed down the road, particularly if you have children or go through weight fluctuations.

Circumareola lift possibly

Just from the photos, you look like a candidate for a circumareola lift with an implant. I do these all the time. It really depends upon your measurement and how much the areola needs to be lifted( the photos suggest that they do not need to be lifted too much).

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Lift and implants

Get another opinion. It looks as if you might just be able to have implants. You need to be examined to know for sure.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Implants

You are borderline for a lift. Personally, I'd rather not perform a lift if someone has not had children yet, unless it is really necessary.

Your nipple is in the correct place, but you have some breast tissue below the fold and it may still hang over after implants alone, which is not an aesthetic look. I would recommend implants with a possible lift which would be determined during the surgery. That way, you could avoid a potential second surgery months later. 

Details would be be discussed during an exam and consult.

I want implants with minimal scarring but was told that I need a breast lift with lollipop or anchor scar.

Women who have a low position of the nipple which usually means below the level of the fold need a breastlift.  There are a lot of women who fall into the gray area when their breast would look better with a lift but their brest will look ok with an augmentation alone and they have to decide about the increased scarring with a lift.  In these women I suggest going with the augmentation alone.  I do not recommend going later than they would like because I have not found these patients to be happy and the augmentation does not lift.  If you are happy after the augmentation great; if not you can go ahead with then lift knowing that you needed it and most women are accepting of the scars at that point.  Having the augmentation does not mean you may not need a lift in the future either.  I try not to do a lift in someone who have not been pregnant since they usually don't need a lift and they may after pregnancy.  Best of luck.  Consult with one or two more plastic surgeons so you are comfortable with your choices.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon