I had a Brazilian butt lift and now have two hard lumps in my butt. It is hot and painful. What could that be?

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Thank you for your question. This is something that should be taken up with your plastic surgeon right away. Best of luck.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.I would contact your surgeon immediately and have him/her examine it as there may be infection present the area is hot to touch. You will want to treat this as soon as possible before it gets any worse and causes any further complications.
Best of luck.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Infection or fat necrosis

Yuor symptoms are one of two things:  Fat necrosis or an infection (or combination of both).  You should follow up with your surgeon ASAP for evaluation.
Best of luck.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Hard lump and pain and red

It could represent fat necrosis or an infection. Best to be seen ASAL to be treated appropriately by your surgeon.  Good luck.

Fat necrosis versus infection

Dear carlotta27,
The hard lumps are most likely fat necrosis (collections of fat that have not developed a blood supply and have died).  There is a chance that they could be infected fat necrosis or abscesses.  You need to show them to your surgeon.  Good luck!

Hard lumps after Brazilian butt lift

Thanks for reaching out.  How long ago did you have your surgery?  It could be an infection, or it could be fat necrosis. You should follow up with your surgeon for an evaluation in person.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon