I am a 26 1/2 inches in bust size, what cup size should I get if I am thinking about breast implants?

breast implant size 26 /2 inches

Breast Implant and Breast Cup Size: How to figure out whats best for you.

Thank you for your question.  The best way to determine the ideal cup size for you is to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who is well experienced in breast augmentation procedures.  At the time of your consultation, a physical exam would be performed and a thorough conversation with regards to your expectations and cosmetic surgery goals would be held.  Many plastic surgeons, myself included, offer patients 3D imaging to help patients get a better idea for what various implant sizes would look like on them.  And this imaging allows patients to make the decision as to what is too big, too small or what is perfect for them.  Most importantly, imaging such as this also helps the patient and surgeon get on the same page as to what our ultimate surgical goal is.  I hope you find this helpful and I would encourage you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to better answer your question and determine your candidacy for a breast augmentation.

Cup size

Hello. The cup size will depend upon your expectations from breast enhancement surgery. An important measurement is your breast base width. Your surgeon will use this measurement to help determine implant size. 

DrBurnett#realself100

Breast implant size

Thank you for the question. It is difficult to give you a cup size with out seeing you in person. Breast width measurement is necessary to determine the appropriate size of implants. It is also very helpful to examine your skin elasticity, nipple position and amount of breast tissue you currently have. In the office you can try different sample volumes to help you choose a good size for you. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery.

Dr. Khuthaila 

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS

What cup size should I get if I am thinking about breast implants?

The best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

There are no manufacturers' standards for cup sizing in the bra industry. The cups of a 32 C and a 38 C are significantly different. Cup size varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and even within styles from any particular manufacturer.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

If you are thinking about getting breast implants, you need to be seen in person to properly assess you for implants. Without an in person evaluation, it is impossible to say.

Size

Thank you for your inquiry.  Your breast measurements would need to be taken into consideration prior to choosing an implant size.  

I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Best wishes!

Dr. Desai

Thank you for your question.  Breast implant size is determined by specific breast measurements that are done during your consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  An implant that measures close to the base width of your breast is usually used.  To help you decide you can do the Rice test at home which is described in the link below:

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Augmentation - Size Selection

Thank you for your question. "Tissue based planning" relies on your chest and breast measurements and is the safest way to ensure good long term results. Your surgeon should determine what size and projection are necessary to give you your desired result based on your body's measurements. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic breast surgery. Hope this helps and good luck with your surgery.

Breast implant size

Choosing  breast implant size is a personal decision.  Ultimately you are the one that is going to live with them and so you should be happy with the size that is chosen.  In many plastic surgery practices you can try on breast implants and get a reasonable idea of how you may look in clothes.  There are many different breast implants now on the market that will accommodate for different chest width and breast width.  Therefore  your goal should be to see how comfortable you are with the different volumes when you try them on.  Then your  surgeon can help choose which implant would be appropriate given the volume you like and your own breast and chest width. 

Gerald L. Yospur, MD
Mesa Plastic Surgeon