I am 18 and I plan to do face lifting? (Photo)

Hii, i am a male and i have deep wrinkles in my forehead even tho i am only 18, my wrinkles are caused by access skin in my forehead, i have always suffered from my face looking old and my friends picking on me because of it, the situation is only getting worse because more wrinkles appear with time.. i'm thinking of doing a facelifiting on my forehead and i want to know id it is recomended and what may be the side effects. Thanks in advance

Much easier solutions

There are much better solutions and surgery is not needed in your case.  First off, try not to let your friends bullying you get to you, they're just being immature and sound like insecure losers themselves. Ditch 'em. 
Start with Botox and micro-needling.  If that doesn't solve the problem completely, you can add some fillers such as Juvederm to your treatment plan.  I would be very surprised if this didn't fix your problems completely. 
Hang in there. 

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Forehead lines

At age 18 this problem is best treated with Botox or some other neurotoxin. You do not need nor should you have surgery.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is an ideal, minimally invasive treatment to address forehead lines and wrinkles.

Hello, Thank you for providing a photo along with your question.  The wrinkles on your forehead are not caused by excess skin on your forehead.  The wrinkles on your forehead are caused by the strong muscles in your forehead that when flexed, bunch the skin together like an accordion and result in the creases in your forehead skin.  A forehead (brow lift) may not be the ideal treatment for you.  By removing forehead skin alone, the wrinkles on the forehead are not guaranteed nor expected to completely resolve.  If however, during a forehead lift, the muscles of the forehead (frontalis and corrugators) are divided (cut), and then the wrinkles may very well be significantly improved through this method.  There are various reasons to undergo a brow lift, but at 18 years old, a brow lift would typically be unnecessary.  Botox is a safe and effective treatment to temporarily (3-4 months) improve or ideally completely resolve the forehead wrinkles.  This treatment takes about 15 minutes and the potential side effects are also usually minor.  You may want to try Botox prior to undergoing more invasive procedures like a brow lift.

Ryan Mitchell, DO, FAOCO
Henderson Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift at 18?

I don't think so. While you may have some forehead lines if they are really deep, maybe maybe I would try botox. You are pretty young.

Botox

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a better candidate for botox.  You do not need a facelift or forehead lift at your age.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Forehead wrinkles

Treatment for forehead wrinkles is botox/xeomin/dysport. The procedure is very straight forward and results last 4-6 months. You do not need a facelift to treat this problem.  

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Forehead wrinkles

Thank you for your email. It would be uncommon to perform a forehead lift on someone who is 18 years old. It appears from your photo that the wrinkles are caused by animation meaning Botox would be a good start. I would begin with something simple like this instead of having surgery at your age. Without a picture of your full face it is difficult to determine what is best. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon I your area who is a member of ASPS and ASAPS for a consultation to discuss all of your options. Good luck.

Adequate age for facelift

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

your problem is due to muscle activity. Start with botox to see if that solves most of the problem. surgery at your age is a little bit too radical for something than simple injections may help better.

Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Possible surgery for 18 year old

The surgery to treat the forehead is called a forehead lift or brow lift.  This procedure is normally done on a patient to help raise the eyebrows to a more desirable position.  It would be very unusual for an 18 year old to be a good candidate for a forehead lift.  The picture you provided does not show your eyes, so it is difficult to evaluate you for possible surgery.  If your brows are not low, I would not recommend surgery for you.  Raising your brows higher than they should be could make your face appear unnatural and more feminine.  If your main issue is trying to improve the wrinkles across your forehead, I would recommend trying Botox first to see if it helps.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your hairline will be the main deciding factor

Thank you for the question and photo.  What you can or should do will depend in large part on your hairline.  If your forehead is too short, that is your hairline is too low, an endoscopic forehead lift will help smooth out the forehead as well as push the hairline further back elongating the forehead.  If your hairline is in good position, an incision at the hairline/forehead junction to remove excess forehead skin would likely be needed.  It will be important to rule out the possibility that botox alone is all that is needed.  An in person exam would be able to determine this.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD