Hylauronidase expertise?

I plan to get some filler removed from my upper lip via Hylauronidase. Should I be very careful who I choose to do this? Or is a regular dermatologist someone that can be trusted? This dermatologist does injections frequently, but they are not recognized as an "expert injector" like many others.

Doctor Answers 4

Hyluronidase removal of filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question!

I would recommend going to an expert injector that also has a lot of experience with hyluronidase. There is an art to injecting filler and hyluronidase to get the beautiful result you want. Good luck!

Dr. M

New York Dermatologist

Hyaluronidase Injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is very important to consult an expert in Hyaluronidase to inject and "fix" these injections.  It is difficult to sometimes fix these poor injections so I would definitely consult someone with a great deal of experience.  Best, Dr. Green


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

As with anything you have injected into your body or face, make sure the practioner who is injecting is experienced and able to deal with any potential complications should they arise.  Don't be afraid to ask them directly about their comfort level in using any product and their results.

Suzan McGary, MD
Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

You might also like...


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Whilst injecting hyaluronidase in itself is not technically difficult but as this product does not have a license in some countries, some colleagues feel uncomfortable using it or perhaps never even used it before. 

It would be safe ofcourse to have someone use it who is familiar with the product, dilution, and the amount to inject. Make sure you inform him about any allergies you may have.

Firas Al-Niaimi, MSc
London Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.