Am i good candidate for a full breast lift? No implants. (photos)

I am a 34D i bras size, 33 yo with no kids yet. An NYC doctor told me he can only lift my breast away from 1 finger only, ( the finger/ pen test) i was very disappointed because i feel like its not enough lift. Are my expectations too high or its totally possible to have a higher lift? Thanks for your 2 cents :)

Breast lift surgery

Based on your photos, I think you are an excellent candidate for a breast lift as you have relatively low nipples and a lot of skin overhang.  You definitely do not need implants, and would probably benefit from some tissue removal (breast reduction) for the most youthful and perky final result.  You will need either a vertical (lollipop) or inverted T (anchor) scar for the best overall improvement.I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to regarding your discussion with your surgeon, but I suspect there may have been a miscommunication.  He or she may have meant that you cannot raise the inframammary crease (the fold under the breast) by much (which is true), but the breasts themselves can be lifted a lot, so that after surgery the breast tissue will all be located above the crease. You should probably revisit your original surgeon to clarify things or seek a second opinion, because your potential for a dramatic improvement is high with a breast lift surgery.  Best of luck!

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift

You are a perfect candidate for a breast lift.  Your breasts appear to sit low on your torso and not "perky".  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for Breast Lift

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.

Candidate for full breast lift

Based on the photos, you may benefit from a breast lift. However, the improvement may not be worth the scar that results from the surgery. Consult in person with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options and to understand the degree of improvement that is possible. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Leave them alone

Dear yama987,
You have very nice breasts.  Why would you want to incur the scars of a breast lift, no matter what technique is used?  If there is a possibility that you will have children, it is best to wait until after childbirth to have the lift done.  Also, although not likely in your case, any breast surgery could affect your ability to breast feed. 

Great candidate

You are an ideal candidate for breast lift without implants.You have good mammary tissues, the space between your breast are adequate and skin with preserved properties and moderate ptosis. There are innovative techniques where we can use your own mammary glands, making a natural prosthesis made of its own tissues, resulting in beautiful and durable breasts.

Kenneth Schimensky, MD

Breast Lift Candidate

Hello and thank you for your question.  Based on the pictures, you are a candidate for a breast lift.  Most likely, you will get a high profile from a lift.  Make sure you see before and after photos of the surgeon you choose.  You must be able to trust your doctor and the surgery.  As always, ensure you have your surgery performed by a board-certified plastic surgeonBest of luck, 

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Breast Lift

Hi yama987,Your doctor was telling you that your nipple-areolar complex would only be "lifted" slightly and that is because you don't want to lift the nipple above the inframmamary fold ( the fold under your breast).  There is a disconnect between what patient want in a breast lift; that is,  to place the whole breast higher on the chest wall, and what surgeons are actually able to do; that is, elevate the nipple and tighten the skin envelope of the breast. I have also tried placing sutures on the upper pole of the breast to actually suspend the breast to a higher position. The longevity of this depends on the tissue characteristics of the breast and skin. If they are stretchy, then the results don't last. Be sure to have a very clear discussion with your surgeon about what techniques he or she uses, and look at photos of their work. Good Luck!

Alfonso Oliva, MD, FACS
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  A breast lift would have a nice result for you, if good technique is used.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Lift

Based on the pictures posted, you do not need a lift. It is just that your breast is situated slightly low on the chest.