Which would you recommend; full or mini tuck? (photos)

Please I need advice im 5 7 and 149

For the most accurate advice, discuss the benefits of each procedure with your surgeon.

That said, a mini tummy tuck is best for removing excess skin on the lower abdomen alone. If you are concerned about scarring, the incision is shorter with a mini tummy tuck, but this procedure does not offer the same level of correction as the full tummy tuck. The mini tummy tuck may be more affordable or provide quicker recovery, depending on your personal situation. You will need to discuss the potential advantages of both options with your surgeon before deciding which will help you achieve your desired results.

Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Full or mini

In my opinion, the best results would be obtained with a  full abdominoplasty with tightening of the muscles.
The slightly longer scar will be well worth it. Mini tummy tucks are typically for women with loose skin limited to the area below the belly button. From your pictures, you have loos skin throughout, which is typical of a woman who has had children or lost weight. A detailed consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will answer all your questions.
Best Wishes

J. Michael Morrissey, MD

You definitely need a full TT

you would not be a good candidate for a mini because your extra skin 
extends for much of your lower abdomen, even though you are quite thin.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

I rarely recommend minis

the temptation to do a mini is always there, but a full tummy tuck with slightly longer scar and more muscle tightening typcially gives better results. In person exam is needed for accurate recomendation. good luck.

Marwan R. Khalifeh, MD
Chevy Chase Plastic Surgeon

Full or mini Tummy tuck

1. An in person exam is always better, but looking at your photos it appears that a full tuck would give you the best contour. Best of luck. 

Asaad H. Samra, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photo post.

From your pictures, it appears that you would be benefit from a full tummy tuck.

The 4 important aspects of the tummy tuck surgery include:
1.Designing an attractive belly button opening
2.Keeping the scar low to be hidden in the swimsuit line
3.Removing enough skin to keep the lower abdomen nice and smooth
4.Tightening the rectus muscles

Be sure to consult with a board certifed/eligible plastic surgeon who performs a lot of tummy tuck operations every year.

- Dr. Bryson Richards (Las Vegas Plastic Surgeon)

Full or mini tummy tuck/abdominoplasty?

Based on your photos, I feel that you would do best with a full tummy tuck/abdominoplasty. You have several features that would best be treated by a full tummy tuck/abdominoplasty:
  • Abundance of loose upper and lower abdominal scan. 
  • Loose abdominal muscles in the upper and lower abdomen 
  • excess skin around your belly button
  • A wide area of loose abdominal skin

It is critical that in seeking the advice of a plastic surgeon, and you find one who is certified by the American Board of plastic surgery and has extensive experience in body contouring surgery.
I wish you the best.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

In my opinion, your tummy has some skin and fat with reasonable muscle tone.  Vaser liposuction would remove the fat and tighten the skin without a big surgery and big recovery.

Of course, an exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures would be recommended.

Mini vs. full tummy tuck

I would recommend, based on the photos, that you consider a full abdominoplasty.  It would allow you to improve the area from the ribs down to your pubic region.  A mini would not.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

Which would you recommend; full or mini tuck?

Because you have diastase above the bb also plus slight excess skin I would lean to a FULL TT in your case. All response agree 100%....