To fix indentation Doc wants to cut open scar and release underneath stitches to flatten area out. 2 months post op. (photo)

Right side is flat, left side has indentation which also causes slight rounding of the skin above the indentation. My Doc wants to cut open scar releasing underneath stitches to flatten area out and said he may excise some more skin there too if necessary. He doesn't want to use fat to fill in area because it would then protrude outward too much since the top of the indentation is rounded outwards and he wants to eliminate that. Please give me your opinion on this and how you would proceed.

Indentation Concern Two Months following Gynocomastia Surgery

It's still somewhat early in your recovery from gynecomastia surgery. As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular, which is not at all uncommon. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.  However, if the problem persists, it may possibly be addressed e with fat grafting or cosmetic fillers; provided  you are a good fit.  Its best to seek advice of your surgeon as to what will be best for you.

Scar revision

I think you need to wait, but likely you will need a scar revision eventually. Best of luck with your results.

Surgery results

Thank you for your question and pictures.  I agree with your doctor.  I would definitely release the scar, re-open the area and possible even remove a little more tissue to make this side look better and closer to the other side.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon