Fat transfer safest? I've heard about embolisms and even death. How often do patients die or experience horrific complications?

I was thinking about getting the fat transfer to butt and hips for a nice full look. BUT, I have heard about embolisms and even death. How often do patients die or experience horrific complications? Are there any procedures that pose no risks? Do herpes viruses cause more complications?

All procedures pose some risk although this risk is way below 1%.  .Find a BBL expert who performs hundreds of BBLs each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

BBL safety

Hello, thank you for your question. Liposuction has been at the top of aesthetic procedures performed every year for the past 20 years, when performed by a trained professional (plastic surgeon) in a adequately equipped facility, complication rate is around 1 in 5,000 cases; nevertheless, the risk is still there, as with any surgical procedure, but the majority of complications seen is when the above criteria is not met. There are no surgical procedures that pose no risk at all, but a well trained surgeon will always minimize the probabilities. Herpes virus does not pose a risk for surgery as long as it's not active, but surgical trauma is a blow to the immune system, and a herpes lesions may manifest after the surgery, which is the reason why prophylactic use of oral acyclovir may be given to prevent an outburst after surgery, that could cause you added  discomfort during your recovery. Hope to have been of some help. Good luck 

Jose Leon, MD