Did I have enough fat removed from Laser Liposuction to see changes? (photos)

I had my surgery done a few days ago. I feel as if my surgeon didn't remove a lot of fat. I weigh 176lbs. Below is a before picture and a picture of what he removed from my upper and lower abdomen, flanks and bra strap

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

the amount of fat removed depends on what your ultimate goals/results were.  the amount seen in this photo is very little. I suggest you speak to your physician or seem a HI DEF type procedure in the future.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction - did my surgeon remove enough fat?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
  • It really isn't possible to tell you -
  • Discuss your concerns with your surgeon, ask how much fat he removed and what result he expects.
  • Canisters come in different sizes - so one can't tell how much fat he removed from your photo.
  • You won't look good now - give yourself time because you are very swollen.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction volume

The most important thing to remember about liposuction is that the ultimate results are not visible right away.  The areas remain swollen from tumescent fluid and post-operative changes for several weeks after surgery.  In general, I tell my patients that it takes 3 months or longer to see the ultimate results.  It is important to discuss the amount of fat removed with your surgeon.  Its impossible to give an exact amount of suction volume before surgery but it's good to have a general estimate from your surgeon to be sure you are on the same page.  Be patient.  Good luck!

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction, quantity of fat removed, fat over stomach area or tummy, swelling

Thank you  for the query. Preoperatively the surgeon discusses with the patient the areas to be liposucked and the possible results that you are aiming at. However the results need to be evaluated at 3 to 6 months post op: a time when the edema and swelling settles down and the true nature of the surgical outcome becomes evident. It is difficult to look at the fat sucked out and decide on the outcome. Best wishes,Dr Alexander

Alexander George, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Removing enough fat

I would discuss your concerns with your doctor. Based on the picture that you have shown I would estimate the total fat removal of 2 L from the areas you describe. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Liposuction volume

Tasha,
Thanks for your question and for the photo.  
You must first ask your surgeon how much aspirate (amount of fat and fluid) was removed and how much was pure fat (the amount floating above the fluid).  This will give you a better idea of exactly the volume removed.  You will not see significant changes for the first 7-14 days.  No one can comment on how aggressive your surgeon was, but based on your photos and height/weight, I would expect more than 3000 to 4000 cc's of total aspirate removed.
Best of luck

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Liposuction

Thanks to reaching out.  You are very soon after your procedure so results won't be apparent for weeks.  Are you sure the container is everything that was removed.  Often times more than one container gets filled up.  But if that is all that was removed it does look like there was room to be more aggressive.  However depending on the elasticity of your skin if you are deflate too much you may end up with sagging skin.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction

Performing liposuction is not just about how much fat one removes. Too much fat removal can cause problems. At this point you have to wait and see how things settle down. Best of luck.

Too early.

A few days is too early to judge enough fat was removed.  It will take 3-4 weeks for the swelling to resolve enough to judge the results.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Liposuction - Amount removed

Thank you for your question and pictures. It is difficult to say whether your surgeon removed enough fat or not. At this point you will be swollen, so you cannot visualize your results. It takes about 6 weeks for the healing process. At that time you will have a better idea of what your shape will be. I think you should discuss your concerns with your surgeon, and ask what options you have if you are unhappy with your results. But give it some more time to see what you new shape will be.