Fat injection to the nose tip?

Can u inject fat into the nose tip to fill a flat tip from rhinoplasty? I can not use derma fillers. Will the fat last and will it look good?

Fat injection to nasal tip

I think that you are better off with a rhinoplasty to correct a flat nose. Fat may be difficult to inject into the tip and will not likely mold very well.

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm

HA fillers work better or silicone to this area. Fat is not predictable here and too thick typically.  Surgery may be best option.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fat injection to the nose tip?

depends on the nose. If its a minor flattening HA fillers work great and last about 3 years in my experience with them.  

Val Lambros, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Generally speaking, to achieve tip refinement and enhancement, cartilage grafts and suturing are far superior to injections.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD