Can extra large chin implant with wings change my face? (photos)

i have no jawline and a small chin. im getting an extra large chin implant with wings. will it give me the look i want?? (like channing tatum)

Planning Chin Augmentation Size & Shape

You will benefit from an x-large chin implant. 
Its important to have the wings which are tapered on both sides of the implant to give you a more natural shape.  The old implants only gave front projection and where the shape of a button.  This created a very unnatural appearance from the front and 3/4 view. 
You have some facial asymmetry, as most of us have, and I would carve the implant down on one of the wings to create more symmetry.
I think its helpful to show photos of celebrities so that we can see if our patients have realistic expectations and goals, not to look like one of them.
Good luck.

Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
200 Stony Brook Court, Newburgh, New York

Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon (ABFPRS)
Fellow American Society forLaser Medicine & Surgery (ASLMS)
Clinical Professor New York Presbyterian Hospital
National Education Faculty (physician trainer) for:
Allergan (Botox, Juvederm, Voluma), Galderma (Scultpra, Restylane, Silk),
Cynosure (Cellulaze, Precision Laser Lift) & Solta (Fraxel, Thermage)
Zeltiq( CoolSculpting)

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Planning chin augmentation

Thank you for asking about your chin implant.

• Your plan to have a extra large extended chin implant seems reasonable -
  • You have marked chin recession.
  • The change should be dramatic.
  • You will not look like Channing Tatum whose bone structure is entirely different.
  • It is best to have the best look for yourself - and not seek the look of celebrities - which are unreal looks because ALL are extensively photoshopped.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Chin implant

You should get good mprovement in your chin projection and contour.  I would not expect you to have the jawline of channing tatum.  A chin implant is not going to augment your whole jawline, nor is it going to make your neck tighter.  Due to your degree of underprojection, the amount of projection after an implant with an XL is unlikely to get you as projected as the ideals in the photos you post.  Despite this, I think you will have a very good improvement and would recommend you focus on you having a really nice change in your chin/jawline relative to your starting point and not hope to achieve a result that may be unrealistic for you given your baseline.

Robert Glasgold, MD, FACS
East Brunswick Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant candidate

The photographs demonstrate a weak and recessive chin profile, for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of different sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic, and  are usually inserted through a submental approach under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. The size and shape of the chin implant is determined at the time of the consultation and examination, since the chin and chin implants are both three-dimensional structures.

Sure. Implant could help you. But I see there is an asymmetry of the jaw. So jaw surgery or sliding genioplasty might be better options. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin implant

There is no question that a proper chin implant will make a word of difference. I doubt that anything a surgeon does will make you look just like the celebrity photo.
I would never recommend a sliding genioplasty, when a chin implant will do.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon