Can extra large chin implant with wings change my face? (photos)
Doctor Answers 6
Planning Chin Augmentation Size & Shape
Its important to have the wings which are tapered on both sides of the implant to give you a more natural shape. The old implants only gave front projection and where the shape of a button. This created a very unnatural appearance from the front and 3/4 view.
You have some facial asymmetry, as most of us have, and I would carve the implant down on one of the wings to create more symmetry.
I think its helpful to show photos of celebrities so that we can see if our patients have realistic expectations and goals, not to look like one of them.
Ran Y. Rubinstein, MD
200 Stony Brook Court, Newburgh, New York
Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon (ABFPRS)
Fellow American Society forLaser Medicine & Surgery (ASLMS)
Clinical Professor New York Presbyterian Hospital
National Education Faculty (physician trainer) for:
Allergan (Botox, Juvederm, Voluma), Galderma (Scultpra, Restylane, Silk),
Cynosure (Cellulaze, Precision Laser Lift) & Solta (Fraxel, Thermage)
Planning chin augmentation
- Your plan to have a extra large extended chin implant seems reasonable -
- You have marked chin recession.
- The change should be dramatic.
- You will not look like Channing Tatum whose bone structure is entirely different.
- It is best to have the best look for yourself - and not seek the look of celebrities - which are unreal looks because ALL are extensively photoshopped.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
You might also like...
Chin implant candidate
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.