Estrogin Dominance? (photo)

Hello Everyone,I have a question..Is it wise to have male breast reduction surgery while having estrogen dominance..meaning my testosterone converts to estrogen..will it regrow back once i have my reduction surgery

About Gynecomastia and the Causes

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect #men of all different body types. There are different types of #gynecomastia.
According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast #enlargement.
Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you.
The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Endocrine Abnormality and Male Breast Reduction

You should optimize your endocrine status prior to surgery, and the estrogen dominance problem should be solved.  The estrogen must have a source and it must be elucidated.  After that time, seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs these procedures all of the time.  Kenneth Hughes, MD male breast reduction Los Angeles, CA

Estrogen dominance and severe gynecomastia

I am sorry you have gynecomastia .

• Once removed, breast tissue cannot return. You need a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will probably combine laser liposuction and direct excision (subcutaneous mastectomy) of the breast tissue.
  • Remaining breast tissue may be controlled with testosterone.Your surgeon must talk with your Board Certified Endocrinologist before surgery.
  • Testicular and other tumors can cause severe gynecomastia. These must be detected and treated before surgery. Best wishes.

Endocrinology evaluation and treatment prior to gynecomastia surgery

From your post it seems that you have been evaluated by an endocrinologist if not then you definitely need an evaluation.  You are a candidate for a subcutaneous mastectomy.  In order to preserve the blood supply to the nipple you must leave a small amount of breast tissue attached to the under surface of the nipple.  If you still have excessive estrogen then this can cause a recurrence.  Most likely not as large as you are presently.  Best to try to correct the underlying problem first before proceeding with the surgery. 

Sever Gynecomastia

I do think you should consult a very experienced gynecomastia surgeon.Generally when 95% of the gynecomastia tissue is removed  you should not have a recurrence regardless hormonal problems.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Male Breast Reduction Surgery

Dear Nito,

I would recommend seeing an endocrinologist, if you have not already, to deal with the hormonal issues and optimize that situation.

At the same time, I would have a consultation with a plastic surgeon skilled in male breast reduction surgery. Your surgeon and endocrinologist can work together to optimize your treatment and plan appropriate timing.