Want to downsize implants. From 365cc High Profile to 300 Mod Plus. Is 300cc appropriate for what I want to achieve?

I am 5'6 tall, weight 114 lbs. I want to look as natural as possible. I am 50 years old and not interested in the voluptuous look, just want to be proportionate. Do not like fullness at the upper pole. My ribcage measures 29in, hips 34in. I have very little breast tissue, used to be 34A. 

Breast Revision to Include Downsizing Implants

It is definitely possible to #downsize to smaller implants and also alter the positioning; if possible. However, decreasing is size may also require a Breast #Lift to to #tighten loose skin, better optimize the end result. Any #revision has risks of unhappy outcome or other complications. 

#BreastAugmentation without a #BreastLift is usually a mistake looked back on by many patients. Most breasts will look larger and more droopy.They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight altering the longevity of the results. The shape will usually not be satisfactory and sometimes results with “Snoopy” breast or double bubble. .A #mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breasts without reducing their size. It is the most suitable for #breasts which sag or droop (ptosis) as a result of development, aging, pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss . Some patients will experience better results to restore superior fullness if an #implant is used at the time of mastopexy; better known as #AugmentationMastopexy.
With both implant types there are choices when it comes to size, shape, and profile. The criteria best to suit you will be discussed in full detail at your breast augmentation consultation. Also, the right implant for the revision is contingent on shape of body and your desired outcome.
Altogether, the surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the nipple and areolae of the desired size and correct heightmay also be addressed. I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.The best method and #technique for your #procedures will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. 

Implant selection

In order to properly size you, you need to be seen in person so that a proper exam can be performed and a review of your goals can be accomplished.

Downsizing

60 cc is not a large volume when discussing downsizing. You need to be seen and measured and let the doctor give you his advice in person. Over the internet is totally inaccurate.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Want to downsize implants.

Thank you for the question. Based on your question, I think you may already have a very good understanding of what might be involved with downsizing of breast implants.  
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary (downsizing) breast augmentation surgery is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. I think that this will be the most important decision you make. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural as possible” or “down a cup size” or "C cup" or "look proportionate" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your chosen plastic surgeon to work with you in determining the best plan to achieve your goals.
I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to downsizing breast implants surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Thank you for your question.  It's not uncommon for women to change goals regarding their implants as life progresses.  Going down in implant size is the right idea if you want less fullness and a more natural look.  However, it's difficult to say what implant size would be appropriate without photos or an exam.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS