Is there any doctor that will make my nose thin? (Photo)

I hate the fact that I always have to cover my nose cause it gets wide and it's not symmetrical I've always been insecure about my nose I was just wondering if it's possible for me to have my nose look thin and without my nose getting wide from laughing or smiling

Rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

Thick skin, especially in the tip of the nose is an impediment to seeing significant refinement in that area. A tip rhinoplasty can accomplish narrowing the Tip of the nose and osteotomies are performed to narrow the bridge line. An alar-plasty is performed to narrow wide nostrils. For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from an alarplasty to decrease the width of your alar base.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty to reduce nasal width.

Tip rhinoplasty and alar base resection can address the issues that you are concerned with. A careful consultation that would involve a discussion determining exactly what bothers you and a careful examination of your nose and it's relation to other facial structures will make it clear to you the changes that will have the best impact on your looks and your satisfaction.

First, everyone's nose widens when one smiles. If you are unhappy with your nasal appearance, then perhaps you should be seen for a consultation.  Good luck.

Rhinoplasty candidate...

I would suggest visiting with a facial plastic surgeon or a plastic surgeon to discuss your goals. From your photo, your nose can be narrowed, but realize that it will always widen with smiling even after a rhinoplasty. Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your nose

Your nose can be made narrower -- but no matter how narrow it is made, when you smile it will get wider. The muscles of  your face will always pull the alar bases out.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Refining the nose

It's possible to refine the nose by making it more narrow and   Giving the tip more definition.     You should find a plastic surgeon who performs many rhinoplastys.  The surgeon should be able to evaluate you  and analyze your nose from all angles in relationship to the rest of your face. Computer simulation can also give you a preview of what you would look like with a new nose after surgery. 

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Is there any doctor that will make my nose thin?

In order to evaluate most accurately- all views of the face are needed. And of course in person exam is essential. Generally speaking, yes- Rhinoplasty can narrow your bones and sculpt the tip. Make sure you seek a Board Certified PS with extensive experience in Rhinoplasty