Can my doctor make a ceramic crown similar to the tooth he is replacing?

I asked my doctor to make a crown similar to the tooth he is replacing and I found out after talking to him, after the fact, that he made it like the tooth on the other side. I wasn't too happy as I insisted that I wanted the shape like the one he is replacing as I have a night guard and a bad bite and didn't want the shape to be compromised.

Crown similar to old tooth?

It is possible to make a crown look exactly like the tooth it is replacing, but if this tooth is compromised why would you want to copy the shape? If the remaining front tooth is nicely shaped it is normal to create a mirror image of that tooth when making a crown. Your night guard can be adjusted to accommodate the new crown. Of course your bite will be taken into account when the crown is fabricated.