As per my desired implant outcome picture, should my implants be round or anatomical? (Photo)

As per my desired outcome implant picture, should i opt for anatomical or round implants?

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The shape and size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

95% if the implants used today are round. YOu need an in person consultation to know what would be best for you as you need to be examined. Bring the photos you like, I will review them at your consultation. 

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

A lot of your final outlook depends on the shape of your breasts pre-operatively.   I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Silicone implants, some advices:

Thanks for the question. i recommend you change them for Cohesive Gel - Silicón Breast Implants with textured cover ("gummy bear implants".
They are quite safe and aesthetically best as they give a firmer consistency, better projection and most natural appearance than Saline implants.
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Round or shaped implants

Thanks for reaching out.  The best way to answer that question is in consultation or by uploading photos of your chest.  Most implants used today are round.  When standing up the take on a more natural contour.  Shaped implants are ideal if you have no breast shape at all.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Outcome based on implant type

This is a more common question as the awareness of the variety of implant choices grows.  More important than the type of implant is the quality of your tissue, the starting volume of your breasts and the slope of chest.  A board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience performing augmentation utilizing a variety of implant types will be able to guide you about the available choices.  VECTRA 3D imaging or one of the other three dimensional imaging devices can simulate with reasonable accuracy a result.  I find this quite educational for both myself and the patient.  This allows a surgeon to more easily see what a patient ultimately wants to see when they look in the mirror.  With all this information, the decision about which implant will achieve your goals should be much clearer.

Implant type for breast augmentation

There are so many wonderful choices for breast augmentation. You should see a board certified ASAPS plastic surgeon in consultation. In my chester office we have many implants to try on with a tight fitting bra to simulate the ultimate result. The Vectra 3 dimensional imaging can help you realize the look you want. Make sure you get to feel the different implants, the smooth silicone round implants may give the best bounce.

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Implant selection

You would have to be seen in person to determine what implant would be best for you.  Both are good choices. 

Round vs anatomic implants

What's probably more important to a good surgical outcome is not the type of implant but rather the surgeons experience with them, and what kind of results they can expect with each type.  Some surgeons are accustomed to round implants, and others to anatomic, and often for different types of situations.  There's different risk profiles between round and anatomic implants so it's important to be informed by your surgeon about these nuances.  Every woman's body is unique and so an in-person evaluation is really what's necessary to find out what's right specifically for you.  In order to get a qualified, expert opinion on your surgical options and expectations visit a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best of luck,
Keith M. Blechman, MD
New York, NY

Breast implants round or shaped - anatomical

Thank you for your question. While it's difficult to comment without your pix, in general shaped implants have a more natural look with less fullness in the top. You would need a consult an undergo Vectra 3D imaging to look at the differences which may be subtle in some patients. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS