How old do I have to be to have a clitorpexy surgery?

Clitoropexy

Evaluation for clitoropexy and clitoral hood reduction can be performed at any age.  If you are under the age of 18 years then your parent or legal guardian is required to accompany you. Unlike plastic surgeons, as a subspecialty-certified pediatric urologist, I was trained to perform this operation in children of all age. I wish you the best.

Cleveland Urologist

Thank you for your question.  Depending on your symptoms you can have an evaluation for surgery at under 18 years of age if accompanied by your parents or on your own if over 18.  Hope this helps. 

How old do I have to be to have clitoral hood surgery?

Dear 1589,

Thank you for writing in with your question. 

If you are a teenager with chronic irritation or pain due to extra tissue, you can certainly have a consultation with a surgeon who is highly trained in performing labiaplasty and hood procedures with one of your parents to see what can be done.  However, if you have cosmetic concerns over its appearance, that would have to be addressed once you are an adult at the age of 18.

For more information about these procedures, please visit the link below.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Dr. Troy Robbin Hailparn
Cosmetic Gynecology Center of San Antonio

Troy Hailparn, MD
San Antonio OB/GYN

Clitorpexy surgery

Thank you for the question!  A patient needs to be emancipated from the parents (please look up your states definition) or at least 18 years of age.  I hope this helps.

John R Miklos MD
Urogynecology & Cosmetic Vaginal Surgery
Atlanta ~~  Beverly Hills ~~  Dubai