I have no septum. I also have what doctors call a "dull nose". Can my tip be fixed and defined?

Rhinoplasty candidate

A full set of photographs are required to make any determination about a surgical plan of action to improve the look of the nose. The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so  a full set of 3-dimensional pictures are required to make any determination. Rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery,   so it is important to choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. For many examples and more information, please see the video and the link below

Can My Tip Be Fixed

Without an in-office examination, it would be difficult to diagnose your issue and present an operative plan.  My best advice is to seek a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience in the field of rhinoplasty. Meet with him or her and bring all of your questions to the consultation.  A surgical plan can then be determined.  There are many ways to "fix" the tip of the nose; it is just a question of which route to take.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. It sounds like you may need bone/cartilage grafting. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation
with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in
person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty with out septal cartilage

It is best to have yourself evaluated in person by a rhinoplasty specialist.  If you have little septal cartilage for any reason there are other options and sources of cartilage which can support your tip.  

Rhinoplasty

Pictures of your nose would help to better evaluate your nose. Consultation with a rhinoplasty specialist will give you a better sense of the surgical options available.

Donald B. Yoo, MD