Chemical Peel & laser treatments

Hello, I am a 22 year old Chinese female . I started to battle acne on my cheeks since i was 19 years old (birth controls-stop using) . In the last years, I have also developed winter rosacea below my eyes to my chin. I have been on minocycline for the last month and a half and that have greatly decreased amount of acne. Now i get occasional flushes and have hyper pigmentation . I just did a mild chemical peel. I would just like to hear your opinions to decide my next course of action

What kind of peel?

A light peel may help .Strengths of peels vary and it is difficult without a history and photos to give exact answer. Topical medications such as metrocream, financea, or Soolantra can help control your rosacea like eruption.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Chemical Peels and Laser Treatments

Thank you for your question.  Without seeing your skin, it is difficult to make an appropriate next step recommendation.  I agree with continuing treatments to get your acne and rosacea under control.  I would recommend perhaps adding in some topical treatments.  Depending on your skin type, IPL treatments may also be beneficial.

Good Luck!
Dr. Shah

Sejal Shah, MD

Chemical Peels and Dark Spots

It sounds as if you are on the right track with your skin and getting your acne under control.  I would recommend using a bleaching cream and topical Vitamin C in addition to reduce the pigmentation.  Best, Dr. Green