Change in diagnosis. Not ovarian embolism needed. May Thurner syndrome official; will this affect my Mommy Makeover?

I have been officially been diagnosed with May Thurner syndrome. Doctor says not blood clots but my iliac vein is being squished by my iliac artery. Stent will be placed in five days and aspirin treat ment for 3 months. How will this affect my dreams of mommy makeover tt, breast lift and lipo

May Thurner Syndrome and Mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• May Thurner syndrome, as you probably know, increases your risk of blood clots in this vein.
  • Ask your vascular surgeon when you can have your mommy make-over and what protection you need.
  • Then tell your plastic surgeon of your condition so s/he can also assess your risl
  • You may be able to have it in 3 months - but you may need anticoagultation for 2 weeks afterwards.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Greetings

Thank you for your question.  You will need to get the go ahead from your General Doctor if you are in good medical condition at the time when you will have your operation. your Plastic Surgeon will be needed to evaluate the risks and possibility

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck, Mommy Makeover and May Thurner

Thanks for your question. Any disorder that can lead to blood clots can increase the risk of any surgery, let alone Tummy Tuck. Surgery should not be performed while you are on aspirin or any anticoagulants. The answer will Depend on you need for anticoagulation after the aspirin. A franks discussion with your Vascular surgeon, and PS will be needed to evaluate the risks and possibility.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon