Could I be a candidate for porcelain veneers? (Photo)

I want a bigger smile , I dont think my teeth are that bad but i would like improvement i feel like my teeth are very small and some of my teeth are misshaped, pushed in my front two teeth one of them is higher than the other you cant really tell but i can my tooth next to my front teeth is pushed in. Should i get braces or consider veneers

Porcelain Veneers or Orthodontics?

I would not recommend porcelain veneers for you.  I think you should consider Invisalign to correct the misalignment.  Upon completing Invisalign you could have some slight gum recontouring with a laser to make perfect.  

Veneers or orthodontic proceedure

you have 2 options , which its going to depend based on time and budget, also what you want at the end.option1) if what you want is big change , shape, size and color , you do not like the way your smile is?, Veneers is the best way to go, its something that will make you have a nice and even smile, that hollywood smile you always wanted, its with veneers,its done in just a couple of days, and you will love your smile.a couple of techniques needs to be performed to achieve this.option2),braces , for at least 1 year,and at the end you will have a nice and even smile, but your teeth will be the same color shape and size,gum contouring can be done, and you do not grind your teeth.

#Invisalign or #veneers #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
I would give you two options. The first option includes Invisalign and gum re-contouring.  After Invisalign treatment is completed, gum re-contouring would be recommended to correct the uneven appearance of your gums. Another option would be porcelain veneers after having your gums re-contoured. It would take 1-2 appointments to transform your smile using veneers rather than the slow and steady process of orthodontic treatment. I would recommend consulting with a good cosmetic dentist to determine your options. It's always important to look at before and after photos of actual patients of the dentist you are considering, before selecting that dentist. This will give you a pretty good indication of what you can expect. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100

Veneers, orthodontics, Invisalign

Dear Latoya: You have beautiful teeth that could definitely benefit from some orthodontic treatment. Invisalign was designed exactly for cases like yours.  Many  dentists and orthodontists will be more than happy to treat you with Invisalign. It is the only way to go in your case.  After your orthodontic treatment is completed, you can evaluate for some gum recontouring to make sure that the gum levels are even.Veneers are a very short-sighted fix.   in order to widen your smile, the veneers would have to be very thick and bulky. you will commit yourself to a very expensive treatment plan, very expensive upkeep, and you will have to redo the work every several years down the line. The only thing you will achieve is to slowly ruin your wonderful, beautiful teeth. Please go and consult with an orthodontist about proper orthodontic treatment, Invisalign, and do not compromise your teeth.Best wishes,

Porcelain Veneers vs Orthodontic Treatment

The photos are very helpful.  It does appear as if you have a narrow upper arch which is why you most likely are saying you would like a bigger smile.  Veneers could be used and could be designed to widen the smile combined with gum recontouring to correct the uneven appearance of your gums which are the "picture frame" for your smile.  However, orthodontics can also expand the upper arch and improve your bite relationship.  Perhaps have a consult with an orthodontist and discuss options to expand the upper arch and your smile.  Re-evaluate your smile and gums after orthodontic expansion.   Good news is you have options.  Good luck.

Ronald Konig DDS
Houston Dentist

Candidate for porcelain veneers?

Gum contouring on teeth #8 and #10 will make your smile even without need of wearing veneers. A Whitening can improve the color to a whiter one. If orthodontic treatment is choosen or not, gum contouring must be performed, gum is covering a 20% of your tooth #8 and about a 40% of your tooth #10.

Jose Alonso, MD, DDS
Dominican Republic Dentist

Please do the more conservative option of orthodontic treatment.

Please do not do veneers. You have lovely teeth! You may be treated orthodonticly with Invisalign or conventional braces. Orthodontic treatment and can expand your arch to give you the broader smile that you desire. Your teeth are not misshapen, but the gum tissue is covering parts of the teeth that it should not. After orthodontic therapy, you may need gum contouring or a gum lift to finish out your case. Performing veneers, even no prep or minimal prep veneers, would be over-treatment for your case. I perform hundreds of veneers every year but I would not recommend them in your case. I truly believe the patient should always do the most conservative option to achieve the best result. In your case Orthodontics and gum Lyft would serve excellent. Treatment with Invisalign will also cost much less than treating with veneers. You will save about half of the cost of veneers by doing orthodontic therapy instead.
Douglas Jopling,  DDS Dallas,  Texas area