Butt lift, liposuction, fat grafting or any other option to ameliorate aesthetically my butt view? (Photos)

I visited 2 plastic surgeons but hey both discouraged me in doing liposuction on my butt because as they said it will create bigger problems with loose spare skin. Only the 2nd one told me that maybe injecting small quantities of clear fat might result to a better look. Right now I am thinking liposuction on my waist so as to define better my butt. By looking the uploaded photos, do you see if I have any other options?

Waist Liposuction w/ fat injection at buttock

Thanks for your photos and your info. Based on them a liposuction at your waist and than injecting fat to your buttock will help to reshape your buttock and you will achieve the desired result. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Buttock enhancement options

Liposuction on the buttocks cannot provide lifting effect.  In fact, it is generally avoided because of the risk of dimpling and skin asymmetries.

The right approach will depend on your cosmetic goals and underlying anatomies.  If you want more volume, Brazilian butt lift might be a good option; this uses your own fat to reshape and augment your derriere.  Another bonus is that the donor fats are typically derived from the waistline (lower back and flanks), further improving the projection and contour of the buttocks.

For photo reference, please visit the attached link. 

Good luck and best wishes. 

Butt lift, liposuction, fat grafting or any other option to ameliorate the bottom profile

Thank you for your question!

I think it is so important to establish exacly what you want to achieve from ‘butt lift’ surgery. Unfortunately the terminology can be very confusing and also patients can be thinking of very different outcomes in their minds despite stating that they are wanting butt lift surgery.

Liposuction will remove fat and therefore volume from any area; in the buttocks it can leave you flatter so be sure to discuss this in detail with your surgeon before embarking on this.

The buttock lift originally involved removing a strip of tissue and hitching so thereby ‘lifting’ the buttocks; this is very effective but not what everyone is aiming for.

Sometimes a lift can be achieved by augmentation either by adding fat (fat grafting or ‘lipostructure’) or by way of placing implants. But be careful as implants are usually there to stay and you will be sitting on them for a long time so again have a detailed chat about that with your surgeon.

A good compromise is a lift with excision of tissue but combined with fat grafting.

Best of luck and outcome on your rejuvenation journey!

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

The BEST Procedure for your BUTT....!

Ok...... Lets keep this real......  there is no such thing as "Clear" Fat!!!!!   Some docs will say anything to convince you to have surgery with them!  #1) Be sure the doc you are seeing is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon!  #2)  Get multiple consultations!    #3) Be sure the doc you choose is experienced with the BBL and has BEAUTIFUL and LONG PERMANENT results!!!!!!   If not, you are wasting your time and money!   Unfortunately, your pics don't show your waistline.  Therefore, I don't know if you are a good candidate for BBL.   You need to have extra fat that can be removed from your waistline or other areas to be transferred to your buttocks for this to be a worth while  procedure for you to proceed!   Be sure to check out the experience of the Plastic Surgeon you choose!

Butt contouring and fat grafting

Fat grafting to the butt, Brazilian Butt Lift, should help with depressions, contours, and lifting the buttock.  Liposuction of the waist is a good donor site for fat grafting and helps with buttock contour and proportions.  If there is sagging skin, some patients are candidates for a buttock lift.  Liposuction of the butt in general is not a good idea; it frequently leads to sagging and less desirable contour.

Buttock augmentation with fat grafting is always the preferred procedure because it creates the most natural result. You would need to be examined to see if you have enough donor fat. Additionally, you would benefit from some superficial fat transfer to the skin depressions. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing buttock augmentation. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Buttock enhancement options

Thus far you have been given vey good sound advice - DO NOT DO LIPOSUCTION TO THE BUTTOCK. On the other hand, fat transfer to fill in the dimples is probably your best option.  As far as any augmentation of the buttock please read below:In short, a combination of sculpting your waistline with liposuction and augmenting your buttock with implants provides the best chance for a long lasting "hour-glass" figure. Please read on for more surgical details:  Regarding buttock/hip augmentation surgery, let me start off by saying that I currently see at least 2 - 3 patients, domestic and international,  per week that failed "brazilian buttock lift" (i.e. the fat melted away after 10 - 12+ months) and are now seeking a more reliable and permanent option (i.e. buttock and/or hip implants). 
Allow me to share with you some information that you may not hear elsewhere. There are only two proven safe and relatively effective methods for Buttock Augmentation and Hip Augmentation: 1) Autologous Fat Transfer (using your own fat, transferring from one area of the body to the other) and 2) Buttock/Hip Implants (semi-solid silicone rubber implants that cannot rupture &/or leak). Both are options but what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection and long-term results. 
Indeed because at least 80+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest. Another tip is that if you purposely gain weight (i.e. fat) for the procedure, the fat you lose first as you get back to your baseline weight is that very same fat that was transferred into your buttock...so don't fall victim to this recommendation. Even those patients that had adequate amounts of fat pre-operatively, still end up seeking buttock implants after a year or so because most of the fat transferred melted away leaving them with minimal result.  Although overall using your own fat is relatively safe, it not infrequently melts away unevenly leaving one butt cheek bigger than the other or with dimpling or hard fat cysts.  The one serious complication that can rarely (< 1%) happen is "fat embolism" in which some of the fat gets into the blood stream and travels up into the lungs, heart, and/or brain causing serious problems. This complication is more likely to happen with the larger amount of fat being transferred. This is even more likely to happen when using fillers like liquid silicone, PMMA, Sculptra, and hyaluronic acids. Also fillers, when injected in large quantities, have a relatively high infection rate, guaranteed tendency to migrate away from the original area they were injected, and almost always stimulate a lot of inflammation with a subsequent and disastrous amount of scar tissue/hardening.
Thus buttock/hip implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock/hip augmentation (at least in my practice). I prefer to insert the buttock implants through a 1 1/2 inch long incision along the inner curve of each upper buttock cheek at the level of the tailbone, similar to two opposing parentheses ")(" (concealed within the crevice between the buttock cheeks) and the hip implants through a ~ 1 inch incision just below the beltline above the hip region. The buttock implant should always be placed under or within (muscle thickness permitting) the gluteus maximus muscle. In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag or shift/migrate over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle or "subfascial". On the other hand, hip implants are placed under just the fascia because no significant muscle exists in this region. However, because they are much smaller and lighter, their likelihood of migration is relatively low. Because all of this, it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure so that the implant placement is precise for both locations. And in this case too, at least in my surgical practice, the infection rate is minimized to

Ryan Stanton, MD