Why have my breast shrunken?

I am 18 years old and have grown into a 32D cup size. My breast were often full, plump, have cleavage braless and over fit in my bras. I have noticed that I loss some weight but nothing drastic. I am 5'10 and weigh 115 pounds and i am genetically just skinny. I don't know what to do in terms of getting my breast and body back to how it used to be.

See if gaining weight helps

Weight loss can definitely cause the breasts to decrease in size and become a little saggier. Unfortunately, the sagging gets worse with age. If you’re looking to make your breasts perkier, you might want to consider a breast lift. However, I would say you might want to gain a little weight to see if that would help. 115lbs at your height is quite thin.

Breast Augmentation

If you would like to fill out and/or enlarge your breasts I recommend that you meet with a board certified Plastic Surgeon. They will examine you, discuss your aesthetic goals and recommend implant options for you. My patients find it helpful to try on implant sizers in the office with a form-fitting T-shirt in order to get an idea of how they will look and feel.

All the best

Breast augmentation after breasts got smaller?

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • You are quite thin for your height
  • Your first step would be to gain some weight while getting exercise as well so your muscles get toned.
  • If you cannot gain weight and this is where your permanent shape, breast augmentation can  restore the fullness of your breasts.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Why have my breast shrunken?

Weight loss can often result in decreased volume of the breasts. You should consult with a Board Certified PS to have your breasts examined and see what options you have.

George Lefkovits, MD

Breast size changes.

Where we lose fatty tissue with weight loss seems to be different for different individuals. If I understand your message, you perceive loss of volume to your breasts with only modest weight loss. It sounds as though your body chose to lose the fat from your breasts. Contact a board certified plastic surgeon near you to discuss options.

Breasts that have Shrunk

It is common for breast size to fluctuate with weight as much of the breast is made of fat tissue. You may want to consider a conservative breast augmentation with silicone implants to improve their fullness and appearance. 

Always consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. 

Best of Luck, 

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and breasts

Breast volume can fluctuate with weight and a recent weight loss may have contributed to your overall breast volume.

Why have my breast shrunken?

It is quite common after weight loss for the breasts to decrease in size. One option to increase breast size is breast augmentation with implants.  For more information please read below: