Breast implant removal after six years a year and a half later and I have a question. Any suggestions?
Doctor Answers 3
It is not crazy to reconsider implants. Maybe you would be better served with small implants. Prior to surgery, I suggest you consult a psychologist, preferably with a background in trauma, to discuss your thoughts. Also, consult with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your expectations.
Breast augmentation - had them out, now want them back
Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
- First of all, no, you're not crazy!
- It seems you are ambivalent about breast implants for some reason -
- Often this is because of a prior situation which one understood, resolves the ambivalence.
- I suggest you consult a psychologist, preferably with a background in trauma, to talk to.
- It may be that in a few sessions, you will figure out whether implants are no implants are right for you and you can move ahead without depression, confident of your decision.
- If you do the same thing as you did last year, without some help, the same thing will happen!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
It is a difficult situation. You need to speak not only with a board cerified physician, but might also consider speaking to a therapist/psychologist to help you through any issues before considering another breast augmentation
You might also like...
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.