Breast implant removal after six years a year and a half later and I have a question. Any suggestions?

OK I had breast implants for 6 weeks and for some reason or another I couldn't stand the thought of something being inside my chest and that I couldn't physically removed drove me over the edge where I had to have my breast implants removed. Its a year and a half later and not one day has passed that I have not thought about what I have gone through, is it crazy to reconsider wanting breast implants what kind of physician should I seek to talk about this. I have depressed ever since.

Implants

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is not crazy to reconsider implants.  Maybe you would be better served with small implants.  Prior to surgery, I suggest you consult a psychologist, preferably with a background in trauma, to discuss your thoughts. Also, consult with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your expectations.

Breast augmentation - had them out, now want them back

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

• First of all, no, you're not crazy!
  • It seems you are ambivalent about breast implants for some reason -
  • Often this is because of a prior situation which one understood, resolves the ambivalence.
  • I suggest you consult a psychologist, preferably with a background in trauma, to talk to.
  • It may be that in a few sessions, you will figure out whether implants are no implants are right for you and you can move ahead without depression, confident of your decision.
  • If you do the same thing as you did last year, without some help, the same thing will happen!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast augmentation

Roseann,

It is a difficult situation.  You need to speak not only with a board cerified physician, but might also consider speaking to a therapist/psychologist to help you through any issues before considering another breast augmentation

Good luck.

Dr. T.

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS