Can I get a breast augmentation 450 500 cc gummy bear without a lift? (photos)

I really do not want the scar of a lift.. but if it's needed I will.. I wanted to know if I could do high profile to avoid the lift

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it appears that you would benefit from a lift.  A breast lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.

The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implants without a lift

Hi and thank you for your question! It's best to have a one-on-one consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon because you'll be able to try on different implant sizers and visually see the difference as to what you would look like with a lift as opposed to not having one. Looking at the pictures you've provided you do look like you'd be able to get away without a lift, however your breasts would have a little sag to them, whereas a lift would give you the fullness you may be looking for. Although you are against the scars that go along with a lift, there are many options now available to reduced the scars significantly. Good luck!

Breast augmentation plu or minus lift

Thank you for your question.  Based on your pictures, you would be a candidate for a breast augmentation without a lift.  However, your breasts would hang lower on your chest, and a round implant may be better suited in this situation.  The answer really depends on what your ultimate goal is for your surgery.  If you are set on a shaped implant, a lift would be needed to tighten the lower pole and raise the position of the breasts on your chest wall.  I recommend a consultation with a Board certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and discuss all the options that are available for you.  Good luck..

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Can I avoid a breast lift?

Sometimes it is possible to avoid a breast lift depending on how much breast tissue you have, how much sagging (ptosis), and the size of the implant that you choose.  Sometimes with a larger implant and lowering the fold you change the relationship of the nipple to the rest of the breast.  Based on the photos that you provided  this may be a possibility for you as well. However, a better exam is required. I recommend that you see more than one consultation and see surgeons who perform many breast augmentation/implants.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

BBA while Breast lift is indicated

Thank you for your question and photos.

Based on your photo, you seem to have grade 1-2 ptosis (sagging) and this means that your nipple is near the fold under your breasts (inframammary fold), and your breast tissue is hanging mildly below the breast fold.

Unfortunately, an implant-based breast augmentation alone will not be effective. In fact, you will not only have to go with a larger than usual implant, but it will also appear too low on your chest (bottoming out). The weight of the implant will worsen the amount of sagging. You may also have a double bubble deformity where the breast tissue overlying the implant droops below in front of the implant. It may also cause a snoopy deformity (named after the cartoon character snoopy) that happens when the implant is held sitting in a high position by tight pectoral muscles, while the natural breast tissue falls off the implant and hangs below at the bottom curvature of your breast.

As such, you need a breast lift for best aesthetic results.

If you are afraid of scars brought on by a breast lift, you can get an initial breast augmentation, and if you become unhappy with your results, then you can opt for a breast lift in the future.

To best provide a rounder shape to your breasts, you want to have the implant placed using the dual-plane approach. In dual plane, the lower portion of the implant is directly behind the breast tissue to varying degrees, and the upper portion is behind the pectoralis major muscle. This approach can still add fullness and a rounder look to deflated breasts, while correct some sagging. This approach is superior to subglandular (over the muscle) in almost all ways.

Please seek an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon and share your full concerns, desires, and expectations.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Yes

You do not need a lift.  You can have a very natural result with only implants.  The breasts will be a bit ptotic but that is how breasts are supposed to be.  

A In person consultation i would recommend to answer your question. 

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants

over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.

What are the basic tips to know if I need a breast augmentation or breast lift? It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast augmentation and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote possible. Please be mindful that the in person physical exam is the most important and could potentially alter your treatment plan.

Can I get a breast augmentation 450 500 cc gummy bear without a lift?

Thank you for your question and photos. an examination would be need to fully answer your questions.  Looking at your photos, a breast lift with implants will improve the breast volume and lift the nipple complex. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.  Best wishes. 

Breast augmentation with / without lift?

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation and lift.  While you will get a significant lift with an implant alone, you will still have excess breast tissue along the lower portion of the breast. The decision to have a breast augmentation, with or without a lift, should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.    Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation in person with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon. Good luck! 

Jon Ver Halen, MD FACS Harvard educated plastic surgeon

Associate Professor, Texas A&M School of Medicine