When can one book liposuction post a recent lipoabdominoplasty with muscle repair and lipo of the flanks? (photos)

I am currently one week post op and although pleased, would like these areas addressed, lipo of the upper back, thighs and possibly flanks (for more contouring and possible BBL) I've attached some photos as a visual aid.

More liposuction after abdominoplasty

thanks for the question.  Your result so far looks really good, hopefully you are happy.  If you are looking into liposuction of areas that have not been operated on, or had liposuction, then you should  wait at least 6 months for the scarring to mature before attempting liposuction.  If we are taking "virgin" areas, then I would recommend waiting AT LEAST 6 weeks not be fully healed from the tummy tuck.  You don't want to be laying on your belly in the OR for hours immediately after a tummy tuck when everything is trying to heal. 

Hope this helps

Good Luck

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

I suggest you wait at least 3-6 months, and then consider the VASER hi def procedure with additional fat grafting. at that time you will be close to healed and you can get much more skin tightening and contoured look than if you had traditional approaches to liposuction.  Make sure you go to someone who does a lot of hi def cases and understands the body / skin after tummy tuck.  Best, Dr. Emer.

If you wanted a BBL, you should have used some of the fat removed during your tummy tuck. It might be a good idea to wait about 4 months to do the other surgery so that you can heal from the tummy tuck.

Liposuction scheduling after abdominoplasty

The rule of thumb from an anesthesia perspective is at least six weeks. If you want to address the flanks, you might want to wait a little longer to enable the abdomen to settle down.

When can one book liposuction post a recent lipoabdominoplasty with muscle repair and lipo of the flanks?

Thank you for your photos and congratulations on your surgery. Evaluation on the photos you look very good and you still need more time for healing. For liposuction for other parts you can consider after 6 weeks.

Waiting for Lipo After Abdominoplasty

Thank you for your question and the pictures.  You have a really good result after the tummy tuck.  Glad you are pleased!

Regarding timing of the subsequent liposuction, I would want to make sure you have fully healed from the first surgery.  Additionally, I would want to make sure as much of the swelling was gone from the previously treated areas to allow for more precise "blending" with the new areas.  I recommend waiting at least 6 months, as this would also allow for any touch-up liposuction to be performed in the areas you just treated as well.  Of course, your board certified plastic surgeon will be able to provide a more individualized plan after an in-person consultation.

When can one book liposuction post a recent lipoabdominoplasty

One would be wise to wait at least six months to allow the results of an abdominoplasty would be associated liposuction to heal prior to secondary liposuction of the sides. There is also the possibility that you may wish further liposuction of your tummy region. There may be small touchup areas that could be done at the same time. Congratulate your plastic surgeon on a good job so far.

Liposuction and BBL after tummy tuck

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.

• You seem to have a very nice tummy tuck result - hope you are pleased.
  • You can have liposuction of areas not involved with the tummy tuck no earlier than 6 weeks after a tummy tuck - or longer, if you do not feel fully recovered.
  • But to liposuction the flanks - which have had recent liposuction - you need to wait 6 months - 
  • What looks like fat now may be swelling.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.