Asian eyelids uneven? (photos)

If you look at the left eye (look at closeup flash photos), toward the inner corner, there is a fold of skin that drapes over my inner corner lashes, more so than the right one. Is there any way to lift this piece of skin so that it's not draping over my inner lashes, like the right eye?

Minor asymmetry correction in Asian eyelid surgery.

I see what you're talking about. It is relatively minor but I have seen many patients with the same issue who have difficulty applying eyeliner, Lash extensions, in other issues with make up. In addition to that even a slight asymmetry can be bothersome to someone. I'd suggest a very minor incision technique procedure because the ability to anchor the crease and skin into position and tighten it is better.  It is possible suture technique may work  for you. I will say more minor corrections can sometimes be more challenging because you have to be exact to get a good noticeable outcome and there's no such thing as perfect in Asian eyelid surgery.  That being said asymmetry cases account for 30 or more percent of my Asian out of surgery cases.

Best of luck

Chase Lay, MD

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Eyelid surgery is suggested to achieve symmetrical eyelid creases and a natural appearing fold that you desire. Eyelid surgery removes excess fat that can hopefully "lift" the skin near your inner lashes. However, you should seek an in-person consultation with a board-certified surgeon who can better assess you and provide accurate options and results for your specific needs. Best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD