What causes animation in breast implants and is this it? 4 weeks PO. (photos)

I'm 4 weeks PO u see muscle 575cc mentor mod profile in left and 525cc mod profile in the right, the right one is giving me the issue, is this animation? What can be done?

Animation deformity?

Thanks for your question. Animation deformity is caused by movements of the breast implant when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In the photo, I do not see your breast implant move too much, but the muscle movement is pulling on then breast skin. I find this gets better with time and, in most cases, without additional surgery. This type of issue is seen more commonly with implants larger than 350 cc, but it can happen with any size, even when surgery is done very well. At 4 weeks after surgery it's too early to talk revision, but speak with your PS about options in the future. Best, Dr. ALDO

Animation deformity

The classic definition of #animation deformity is when the pectoralis major muscle "flexes" (think movements like push-ups) and the breast implant displaces upward and outward.  The oblique line which originates from the right sternal border and travels below the nipple demonstrates the residual attachments of the pectoralis muscle. #Options to correct animation deformity include: 1. Botox to pectoralis muscle.  (-) requires repeated treatment, may be unpredictable, $$$; 2. Repair the overreleased pectoralis major muscle using ADM (-) $$$, possibility of red breast syndrome, need to find a PS with experience with ADMs; 3. Convert breast implant to subglandular position (-) right breast may settle differently& faster than left, possible increase in capsular contracture.  Tough problem.  Hope this helps.

Lavinia K. Chong, MD