I'm 32. Height 5'4 weight 175. Need a lift and thinking of going 500cc silicone. (photos)

I'm 5'4, weigh 175lbs and wear a 34b. I am in desperate need of a lift with implants. My surgery is scheduled on October 17th in Miami. I am thinking about going 500cc silicone. Is that too much for my height frame and weight? Can the doctor also do a lift at the same time? Approximately how much bigger is that in cup sizes?

Implant size

I think that you need to be seen in person to determine the appropriate implant volume.  A physical exam is key and a review of your surgical goals is essential.  Best of luck.

Difficult to answer.

When one does a lift, skin is removed.  A 500 cc implant might be too big to be combined with a lift.  Please remember, I am just offering an opinion based on photographs.  Nothing is substitute for a face-to-face consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.   Best of luck.

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question. The size of implant best for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.   Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness). Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion. Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume. These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak. During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lift and implants

While final implant size is your choice with your surgeon I think that 500cc will put you DD plus. The added weight of large implants also may not hold up well over time. You will need a lift and most docs will do a circumvertical or shorter inverted T mastopexy. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation with lift

Thanks for the question and the photos.
You are a very good candidate for a lift and implants.  I question what size you desire as a 500cc implant is very large for your frame.  Otherwise, you should be fine.
Best of luck with your surgery.
Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast implant with lift

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a good candidate for a breast lift with implants.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Silicone implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

#breastaugmentation #plasticsurgery #breastlift

Hello Mz.exoticvee, thank you so much for your excellent question. Without the benefit of an in person exam it's impossible to say for sure. Since there is no way to say definitively over the internet which size would be optimal for you, take comfort in the fact that the surgeon uses your unique measurements and is able to provide you with a general range.  In many cases the board certified plastic surgeon can best be your guide as they’ve met with you in person and heard your aesthetic goals. You may consider doing 3-D imaging; however with nearly all the breast cases we’ve performed, we’ve found patients enjoy doing a live “try on” session where they actually can “try on” the implant in a non-padded bra in our office.  This does not give an exact measurement of outcome, rather it gives a nice idea of what to expect. For patients who desire a more natural look we like to recommend the shaped implant.  For patients who desire a more full, voluptuous look we recommend a higher profile implant (like Inspira). Remember that all breasts have at least some amount of asymmetry (we like to say they’re like sisters and not twins).  An in-person consult is the best way to discuss your questions.   Be sure to find a surgeon with the following credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol   *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle  Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person.  My very best, Brian Coan, MD, FACS  CARE Plastic Surgery

Brian Coan, MD, FACS
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Lift with Implants

There is an increased risk of complications when a lift is being performed at the same time as an implant.  It is recommended to not use too big of an implant to reduce these risks.  I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Thanks for reaching out.  I am not sure with how you have arranged your surgery and if the doctor has seen you yet.  You absolutely need a lift.  If the plan was only to use a 500cc implant to attempt to lift your breast you should get a few more opinions in your area and make sure in person that the plan is sound.  You can still add a large implant to a lift if that is what you desire but the amount of ptosis that your breast display from the picture you have sent look like a lift would be needed.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon