18 days post op breast lift & implants; wondering if I have scar tissue or sutures to tight not happy with breast shape? (Photo)

2 weeks post op

Thanks for the question. Its early to talk about results. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Breast lift and implants

It does look a bit tight in the center, but you are also very early post-op and this might stretch out a bit with time.

Breast shape after a lift

Breast shape after a lift is usually always a bit awkward. Depending upon how your surgeon sutured yo you may have a cone shape or flattened shape especially on the lower half of the breast. This shape often denotes thenextransutirong that was done to help achieve the lift that you have. This will usually last just a few weeks and will dissipate to a more curved shape over a couple of months. If you are more concerned then you should ask your surgeon about their experiences with how long it should take to smooth out as their technique is unique to them. 

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Breast shape

You are very early after surgery. The breast and implant will change a lot in the next 3-6 months.  Let everything settle first, and then evaluate your results with your surgeon. Good luck on the rest of your recovery.

Khashayar Mohebali, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with your breast shape after your surgery?

You are very early after your surgery and there is still a lot of healing to do. Your shape will change over time and can take months or even a year to see you final results. If you have concerns, you should speak with your surgeon about it. 

Breast lift shape

Thanks for reaching out.  You are very early in the post operative period.  It is too early to comment on what your final result will be.  The implant will drop and round out your lower pole. You will likely be happy once everything settles.

I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon