I'm 17 days post. Garment hurts?

I am 17 days post. I have been wearing my garments since the surgery. I felt a little uncomfortable in the beginning but now putting on my garment really hurts. It burns against my skin and digs into it. I really want the maximum results but I don't know what to do to fix this problem. Even wearing the boards and foam makes me feel pain. At night sometimes I have to take it off to sleep.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (2 weeks post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Garments

Your garments should not be painful. If they are, I recommend you discuss with your surgeon the utility of their use. Maybe he/she could transition you to Spanx or another comparable compression garment. Best of luck.

Garments post surgery

Thanks for reaching out.  Your garments should not be painful.  They are at times uncomfortable.  However if they are painful you may need to be refitted for new garments.  See your surgeon to find out their plan.
I hope this helps :)

John Paul Tutela, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

BBL and garment

If your garment is painful then it does not sit correctly. You may need a new one. Best to review with your surgeon.

Garment discomfort

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear you are having discomfort with your garment. My first recommendation would be to contact your surgeon immediately and have him give you a full body examination. Without examining you it is hard to determine what is causing this discomfort. It could be a couple different reasons, wrong size garment, skin irritation is occurring from the friction between the garment and your skin, you may have developed an allergic reaction or there could be potential for infection. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon