I need a tummy tuck; I'm looking for a doctor who is good and that wouldn't leave a bad scars?

I'm looking for a doctor who is good and that wouldn't leave a bad scarfs.

Searching for a surgeon

Thank you for your question. The best place to start is the American Society of Plastic Surgeons Website (plasticsurgery.org) and find a Board Certified plastic surgeon in your area. Call to set up a consultation, most are complimentary or the fee is applied to your surgery. Consult the practice website and look at the surgeons before and after photos. You should feel comfortable with your surgeon and they should feel comfortable with you. Trust your gut. Good Luck,

Choosing the right surgeon to get the best outcome

The first thing you should do is check the ASPS website for a list of doctors in your area.  Then look at online reviews.  Check the surgeon's website.  Look at their results.  Ask around to see if you have any personal references, these can be very helpful.  Once you have screened the doctor, meet with them. If they are professional and sincere, educated and experienced, if they listen to your concerns and develop a plan which fits with your goals, you have found a good match.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can look at before/after pictures on their Real Self pages and websites prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Scars after surgery are not only dependent on the surgeon but also on your bodies own potential to heal. The surgeon lays down the "roadmap" for the scars to hopefully be concealed and under little or no tension, so that your body can then do its job of forming a thin beautiful scar. Scar care post-op is somewhat controversial, but most surgeons will have some recommendations for your healing post-op also.

Tummy tuck and scars?

Any surgical procedure in which incisions are involved will yield scars. The key is to locate the incision for maximum concealment. Provided that you are not a keloid former, most tummy tuck scars will fade, flatten and soften within months of surgery. There are several means of helping scars to speed up the process of settling. Plan to discuss your scar concerns when you discuss you goals with a Board Certified Plastic surgeon

Tad Grenga, MD, FACS
Norfolk Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question. If you are an appropriate candidate, a tummy tuck can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the bikini line.  Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy Tuck - Finding A Surgeon?

Thank you for your question. Finding the proper surgeon is critical to the success of your tummy tuck. You need to find a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who specializes in body contouring procedures. The ASPS website will provide a list of properly trained surgeons in your area. You should go on several consultations and see who you like best. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps.

I need a tummy tuck; I'm looking for a doctor

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

There are many variables involved when it comes to the quality of scarring seen after tummy tuck surgery; some of these variables are patient dependent, some are surgeon dependent.   For example,  some of the quality of scarring depends greatly on the tension across the scar;  given the nature of tummy tuck surgery, there will be some tension across the scar compared to other operations such as C-section scar.   Therefore, patients undergoing tummy tuck  surgery should remember, that despite best efforts, revisionary scar surgery may be necessary/beneficial after tummy tuck surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link/video helps. Best wishes.

I need a tummy tuck. Looking for a doctor who is good at not leaving bad scars.

Thank you for your question.  Though I can not recommend a specific physician to you, below I have placed the link to search for local ASPS board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  I would then advise seeing a number of them in consultation to view their work and have a better sense of your comfort level with them.  Best wishes. 

I suggest you visit with multiple PS, ask to look at picutres and make sure that you feel comfortable with your PS...good luck and would be happy to consult with you!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon