Can I get rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and mid nose? (Photo)

I am looking to get rhynoplasty done on my entire nose. Not only is the tip bulbous, but the cartilage/nasal bone is wide and pushing outwards. Please see the pictures attached. The cartilage/nasal bone creates a bump as I'm looking sideways at an angle, and overall both pictures look better than in person. I also have quite a long midface and was wondering if there are any procedures to make this look better based on work for the nose.

Bulbous Tip Rhinoplasty

Dear rytte,

From your pictures, thank you for including pictures. You are accurate with your personal analysis of your nasal tip. It is wide and boxy. Particular techniques in rhinoplasty can be used to narrow your tip as well as improve your profile. I would consult with an experienced  rhinoplasty surgeon and use in office computer morphing imaging software so you can communicate with your surgeon properly. All the best, Dr. Gina Chu.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty objectives for a narrower nose

I agree with your assessment, and you appear to have both a "boxy" nasal bony pyramid and cartilaginous tip. There are specific maneuvers that can address these issues without compromising your breathing, and I would advise a consultation with an experienced board certified FPS or PS who can perform a complete examination and computer imaging to help create a "blueprint" for you, even thought this is 2 dimensional. Also ask to see B&A photos of his own cases with similar deformities.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Candidate

Dear Rytte, I would suggest seeking consultation with an expert in rhinoplasty surgery and discussing all of your concerns. Digital imaging would be good for you to see the proposed changes that would be made to your nose and see if these would be the desired changes you want. It is very important that your nose is not shortened in any way. The tip can be refined and the nose narrowed by osteotomies however you want to keep your nose looking natural and masculine. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Can I get rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and something for a long mid-face?

Hi, based upon the attached photos the nose is quite wide.  Rhinoplasty could thin and refine the entire nose but will have zero effect on an elongated mid-face.  From the photos, the cheeks are very flat with the left more flat than the right.  Flat cheeks are the primary cause of an elongated-looking face.  Cheek augmentation with cheek implants can create more angular cheeks, a shorter mid face and a more ruggedly handsome face.  Hope that helps.  

Rhinoplasty - bulbous nose

I agree with your assessment.  you have a slightly bulbous tip, wide bones that are slightly accentuated as you transition to the cartilage part of your nose.  I recommend that your have a consultation with a plastic surgeon or even a facial plastic surgeon.  During the visit, photos should be taken and a computer morph of your outcome should accompany your visit and this will allow you to communicate your expectations to your physician.  Best Wishes!

Rhinoplasty to lengthen the nose and refine the bulbous tip via closed rhinoplasty?

Rhinoplasty to lengthen the nose and refine the bulbous tip via closed rhinoplasty? You have a short nose and the worst thing you could have done is have it further shortened. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses. Cheek implants are your best permanent solution for your lack of development in the cheeks.

Rhinoplasty for Wide Nose

Your nasal tip can be reduced and the wide bridge narrowed with rhinoplasty survey. it is difficult to evaluate your mid-face with these pictures but it does appear that you lack cheek definition which can be improved with implants or an injection of fat or fillers such as Radiesse and Voluma.. 

Rhinoplasty

I think your nose looks good.
You are very exact in your desires.Too bad no profile was included. 
Operating on your nose may not get what you want. Just doing the tip will change the tip's relationship to the entire bridge making a full rhinoplasty the only option. This may be too radical change for you.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Improvements can be made in a wide nose

Yes, it looks as though the cartilages in the tip of your nose are wider than they need to be, and the other issue you identified, the width of the bones and the cartilages in the upper part of your nose, often happens with a wide tip.  See the attached video and the Web reference link for some examples of what can be done in the right hands.

Your midface is fine. Anyway, your nose is short on that midface, and there's nothing we can do about the length of the midface anyway, except where it's so long as to be a true deformity.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and wide nose

A closed rhinoplasty approach can address reduction of the bulbous tip and narrowing the wide nasal bridge line. A bulbous tip is reduced with suture techniques and a conservative cartilage removal applied to the lower lateral cartilages of the nasal tip.  When patients have wide nostrils, an alarplasty is performed. When patients have a wide bridge line, osteotomies of the nasal bones are performed. A dorsal hump can also be shaved down at the same time, if present. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below