Is an indent and large hard lump normal after Lip Injections? Is this part of the swelling/bruising process? (photos)

I received juvaderm lip injections 3 days ago. Overall I'm happy with the result, but have noticed a lump or hard bump left from one of the injected sites on the bottom. It's bruised around the lump & you can see an indent. Is this something I should see the doctor befor my 3 week follow up? It's not painful but a significant lump with a indent between two injections sites. Will this go down?

Lip bump and dent after injections

This is still within the norm after 3 days. This should all settle down in a week or so. If still concerned at day 10-14, please discuss with your doctor. 

Lip injections

Swelling and bruising are common after lip injections.  The lump you feel may be a part of that.  It can take up to two weeks for the swelling to resolve.  If after that time you are unhappy with your results, return to your injector for an evaluation.

Camille Cash, MD

Bumps and Bruising After Lip Injections

Some small lumps or hard bumps after lip injections can be normal. The site where the needle was inserted into the skin can swell into lumps similar to what you are describing.  Some bruising is possible as well, and the amount you have in your photos is within what is considered normal after 3 days.  This will go down over time - typically 3-7 days.

If you have any questions or concerns, however, I recommend you contact your doctor who injected you.  It is a good idea to stay in close contact with them if you aren't sure about how you are healing.  

Give yourself at least 2 weeks to allow your lips to fully heal and have the final result you are looking for.

Kyle T. Yamamoto, MD
Reno Facial Plastic Surgeon

Knowing What's Normal with Lip Augmentation with Fillers (juvederm, restylane)

This looks like typical bruising and swelling which can last 1-2 weeks after your procedure, but will resolve. If you're unhappy with your final results you can have it reversed with Hyaluronidase and try a different technique next time. Best, Dr. Emer

Bruising/swelling after lip filler injection

Bruising and swelling are not uncommon after lip filler injection and this appears like bruising at the injection sites. Unless something changes, I would give the lips time to heal before assessing your results. It can take up to 14 days for the bruising to resolve. Hang in there!