Cost of mommy makeover in Fairfield County, CT?

Typically what's the average cost of a mommy makeover. I am getting ready for a tummy tuck and want a lift and reduction in the future. Through my research I have learned their is usually a discount for multiple procedures and cash payment. I am 34 a size 36 DDD. I have lost 80 pounds and my breast did not get any smaller. Very frustrating. Thank you!

Cost of Mommy Makeover.

The cost depends on the procedures you have done, the surgeon you choose and the location of your surgery.  For the procedures you mentioned, a tummy tuck and a breast lift/reduction the cost in my area would be $13,000 - $15,000.  Price may vary downward or upward depending on other factors.  It's always best to have several consultations and get firm price quotes.

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some costs of surgery listed on this website, and that of individual plastic surgeons websites as well.

In regards to the desired outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Since you considering undergoing a major operation which often involves a significant physical and emotional recovery ( often underestimated by surgeons and patients alike), a few words of advice may be helpful:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself) and that you have realistic expectations. Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life situation. You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.
2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.
3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.
4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina of your caretakers.
6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.
7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.
8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).
9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the emotional swings that you may experience.
10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.
11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Mommy makeover

It depends on the amount of work you need on your tummy.a consultation is the best way to begin and get a price

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Very variable across the country

Without ducking the answer, you really need to go in for a consultation to get a better handle on price. Some patients want or need an implant in addition to their lift. If this is you, it could drastically change the price. Plan to get a couple opinions - both to price shop but also to be sure the advice you're being given is consistent across all the docs in your area. Good luck

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

The Approximate Costs of a Mommy Makeover in Fairfield, CT

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.

The costs of a #Mommy Makeover will depend on several factors. Such include the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Approximate #costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org. Also, the costs are contingent on the specific #procedures being combined in the operation. Such will be discussed in greater length during your one-on-one consultation. Also, such #combined operations are often performed with our Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with Mommy Makeovers. Therefore, if you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your doctor. Combining these procedures decreases anesthetics, costs, and recovery time. 

Planning a mommy make-over

Thank you for your question about your mommy make-over.

• Congratulations on your weight loss.
  • Major weight loss tends to require more surgery.
  • To determine the cost, you truly need a face-to-face consultation.
  • Real Self does list average costs for various areas in the country -
  • Connecticut fees tend to be higher than any national average.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Mommy makeover costs, connecticut

Congratulation on your weight loss and thank you for your question.. Although costs can vary across geographical regions, in general a Mommy Makeover range is $11,000 to about $18,000. Cost usually include; doctors fee, hospital or operating room fee and anesthesia fee and all your follow up appointments. It depends on what type of tummy tuck and lift (or in your case reduction) required to achieve a natural balanced form. In some cases liposuction is added to sculpted the abdomen and soften the final look. In my practice as well as many others there is a reduced fee for multiple procedures. This savings is not only in the doctors fee but OR and anesthesia as well. All the best

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

Costs of a mommy makeover can vary greatly depending on the size and complexity of the surgery in any given patient.  Many plastic surgery practices, including our own, offer free consultations in which a surgical plan can be determined and an exact cost of the procedure could be quoted.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Pricing

Hello. The costs for Tummy Tuck or Abdominoplasty will vary depending on what region of the US you live in and the physician doing the surgery. The cost can usually be broken down in to the surgical fee, the operating room fee, and the anesthesia fee. As the OR and anesthesia often charge by the hour, these fees can vary depending on how long it takes to do the procedure. Someone very petite with no fat (just loose skin) will take less time than someone larger. Total costs in the Bay Area probably range from under 10K to close to 15K or 20K. Depending on your insurance plan, repair of a hernia at the same time may be covered as well as some or all of the OR and anesthesia costs. This can vary widely. Select a plastic surgeon you are comfortable with who will take great care of you and has the talent to deliver the results you are looking for. Don't make price the deciding factor but take it into overall consideration.

Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon