High Profile vs Ultra High Profile? (photos)

I recently had mastoplexy I had a lift with 575cc high profile silicone implants. I am currently wearing a 36 DDD. My problem is my rest are still sagging and they look small to me. At my three month appt today my surgeon agreed they need to be relifted. I was thinking 600cc he reccomended 600 ultra high profile. Doing my research it seems the ultra high profile may be too pointy. Right now I don't feel like I have any projection. I just want to make the right decision since I have to go back

Best breast implants for me (revisionary breast surgery)?

Thank you for the question.   Although I cannot provide you with specific advice, given your concerns regarding lack of projection, the ultra high profile implants MAY be a good choice for you.  sometimes, patients looking for a "rounder, more projecting" look benefit from the use of over filled saline filled implants. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) as well as careful measurements (dimensional planning) will be critical.

***Given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you spend additional time communicating your goals/concerns directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "DDD cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link/video, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with. 

Swelling , some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Mastopexy and lift - breasts still sagging and too small

Thank you for asking about your mastopexy and lift.

• Here is part of the problem - the larger the implant the more your breasts will sag -
  • Just as happens with naturally large breasts.
  • Even though you feel small, a DDD cup is much, much larger than normal.
  • For more projection, an ultra-high profile will give you more projection but may look less natural.
  • Some kind of internal support - ADM or mesh  - is going to be necessary to reduce future sagging.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

High Profile vs Ultra High Profile

If you are not happy with your projection now, your surgeon is right to suggest an ultra high profile implant. The volume will remain the same but you will likely have the shape you are hoping for. Good luck.

Implant profiles

The profile of implant chosen really depends upon  your anatomy and surgical goals. the ultra high profile tend to be the narrowest and most projecting implants and I usually reserve those for very narrow women who want large volumes.