Do i need a tummy tuck or lipo? (photos)

Hi there, i had my baby 10 months ago but i couldn't recover my abs i feel like ita impossible to feel my abds when i workout

The photos suggest that you would best benefit from a TT. But you didn't indicate your age, nor if you are still planning on having more children. If you are then I would not suggest  a TT. Instead I would suggest liposuction and possible skin excision. You should consult with a Board Certified PS. Good luck!

TT or Lipo

Thanks for the question

Great candidate for a TT with good results, try o get a consultation with a certified board surgeon first.

Disnalda Matos, MD

Liposuction or Tummy tuck?

This is the most common question that people have when there is excess tissue and some skin laxity of the abdomen. You show some stretch marks that indicate your skin's loss of elasticity. The choice of the procedure depends on expected the results. if you would like to have a tight abdomen with no irregularities of the surface area, I would recommend a TT. However you could have reduction of excess fat and some improvement in skin tightness by a skillful liposuction done carefully and conservatively using smaller cannulas.

Tummy tuck

Congratulations on having a baby! If you aren’t breastfeeding then you can consider a tummy tuck, as liposuction won’t be able to tighten up the loose skin you appear to have. A tummy tuck can also repair abdominal muscle separation (diastasis recti), a common condition caused by having a child.

Baby Belly

Liposuction is body-contouring procedure that removes fat under the skin to address trouble spots throughout the body. The access incisions are small, however, the trade off is that liposuction does not address any excess skin or any muscle laxity. The overall success of the procedure depends on the skin retracting back after the fat is removed. This is less likely to occur the longer the skin has been stretched out and the older the patient is. Typical candidates for liposuction:
  • Relatively young with good quality skin
  • Have not had children and have no stretch marks
  • Do not have hanging excess skin
  • Are looking for focused removal of fat that is resistant to exercise and diet
In contrast, a typical full abdominoplasty is performed after bearing children or after weight loss that has resulted in hanging skin. It can be a powerful procedure that can flatten and remove excess skin and fat from both above and below the belly button and tighten the abdominal muscles. The trade off is a scar in the bikini line that extends hip to hip and a scar around the belly button. Some patients, such as your, who are borderline, may consider a staged procedure. In this case, liposuction is performed first followed by an abdominoplasty 6 months later if the skin does not adequately retract. Follow the link below. A detailed examination will help delineate the best surgical treatment. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

It appears as though a tummy tuck would better address your concerns, however photos alone cannot decipher whether you would be a good candidate for a surgical procedure. If either a tummy tuck or liposuction is something you`re interested in, I would recommend meeting your goal weight before going through with any type of body contouring procedure. If you’ve reached your goal weight and have the same concerns, find a highly qualified, board certified plastic surgeon to schedule an in-person consultation with. During your consultation, your surgeon can better asses your concerns and determine an option that best suits your body and your lifestyle.

Tummy tuck candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question. In this regard, I recommend you a  Tummy Tuck, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards,DR. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Do i need a tummy tuck or lipo?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  I think you would most benefit from a full tummy tuck and liposuction of your waist, hips and flanks.  The tummy tuck will tighten your stomach muscles, helping to achieve a flatter appearance, while removing excess skin and adipose tissue.  Liposuction can be used to enhance your tummy tuck results by narrowing your waist and removing isolated areas of diet and exercise resistant fat.  Hope that this helps.

Tummy tuck and Lipo

You are an excellent candidate for a Tummy tuck with Lipo to the sides this will provide you with the results you seek better contouring smaller waist line and a flat abdomen this procedure will also get rid of stretch marks and you will have a new belly button  incision the abdominal muscle is repaired making it possible to feel and see your abs best of luck !

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck procedure to produce the beautiful overall results you desire.  Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so that you may further evaluated, discuss your options, address your concerns and goals, then work together to create a surgical plan that will best help you achieve those goals.With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD