Are there any type of surgical, non surgical procedure or laser I can do to help minimize bunion and hammer toe scars? (Photo)

Hi, I had surgery about 9 years ago for my bunion and hammertoe. At that time i was very young and the procedure was done the old school way. I now have a long white, shiny scar that really makes me self conscious. I refuse to show my feet around friends and family. I have 2 long vertical scars on my second toe and 2 long vertical scars where my bunion used to be as well as a horizontal scar on my third toe. Please help!!

Scars from surgery

These type of white scars are very difficult to treat.  Some patients have had success with Fraxel laser but the results cannot always be predicted.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of cosmetic experience.

Scar therapy

Although scars can never be completely removed, the results of scar therapy vary from person to person and scar to scar, the results are typically permanent.
Not infrequently potential patients avoid surgery because fear of an unsightly scar. To remedy this, I now utilize and formulate compounded topical creams to treat, relieve and minimize scars for each of my patients:
• new scars
• old scars
• surgical scars
• keloid scars
• stretch marks
• hypertrophic scars
• hyperpigmented (dark) scars
• various acne scars, burn scars and more...
These scar removal creams contain prescription strength medications each individually known to reduce and/or reverse the scarring process but never before compounded together into one high potency formulation. These medications are added to a base of anhydrous silicone (the most common ingredient in everyday topical scar therapy) and Pracaxi oil, found in the Amazon rainforest and known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal properties. Many health insurance plans actually cover the cost of the creams and they can be delivered directly to the patients door step. In other words, no need for multiple trips to the doctor for expensive and painful laser treatments, or wasted money on minimally effective over-the-counter topical scar therapy gels or silicone sheets that are unsightly and/or fail to stay on. Instead, with just two applications a day my patients now perform scar therapy in the comfort of their own home. Glad to help.

Ryan Stanton, MD