What's the difference bet Thermage and laser?

what is erbium, co2 and N-lite laser

Thermage and Ultherapy versus Lasers

Thermage and Ultherapy are used for skin tightening. They do not improve skin texture or scarring or pigmentation or telangiectasias. 

Read the Ultherapy ebook provided on the link below. 

Thermage vs lasers

Thermage uses radio-frequency to heat the deep layer of skin to tighten loose skin.  No external wound is made and often times patients leave without any physical evidence that "something" was done.  Results are progressive up to six months.

As for lasers, there are a various types on the market now.  There are some to treat vascular lesions, some for resurfacing, non-ablative (Fraxel), some for brown pigmented lesions, and others to remove hair. 

*none of the above is not intended as medical advice.  If you have a medical concern, please consult your doctor.

Mitchell J. Ross, MD
Old Greenwich Dermatologist

Thermage is a radiofrequency device created for skin tightenening

Thermage is an amazing device whose mechanism of action works via radiofrequency or heat. The collagen in your skin is heated and will in essence produce new collagen and tighten the skin. Thermage can be used to in any area of the body to tighten the skin such as in the face, neck, eyes, abdomen, arms, or legs. There are an entire group of devices called lasers which do a myriad of other things from reducing redness such as the V-beam laser to reducing pigmentation and wrinkles such as the Fraxel laser. For the best advice on which device would be best for your condition please consult a board certified dermatologist in your area with a great deal of experience with these devices for the best cosmetic results. 

Thermage vs Some Other Lasers

You ask a lot of questions and I am happy to go over the machines, but it seems as if you were looking for something specific, we might be able to help you a little bit more.

Thermage uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to create heat deep under the skin, which causes skin tightening over time. Lasers are beams of light and can be different wavelengths to effect different targets on the skin or under the skin. Erbium and CO2 are types of lasers, more known for resurfacing than anything else. N-Lyte is a pulsed dye laser concentrating mainly on blood vessels.

I hope that helps a little.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon