What supplies are needed for post op care when getting a TT and BBL? (Photos)

I see some dolls say get a baby boppy pillow, some say get a BBL pillow and some say get one of those maternity inflated beds where the backside is out so u can lay flat n not lay on your butt. How will I manage 3 weeks off of my butt? Will I have to stand all day?

Positioning after a BBL

Overall, any one of these options would be reasonable. In our practice, I instruct my patients to lie on the side slightly either on the left or right with pillows. I recommend urinating while standing in the shower for at least 10 days. I recommend minimizing the amount of time sitting as much as possible for 2 months. Placing ordinary pillows under thighs can be used while sitting to relieve the pressure off of the buttocks. I instruct my patients to use these regular pillows for 2 months.

Dr. Ravi Somayazula

Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from BBL

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and BBL.

• Hard as it is, we can keep off our bottoms by standing, walking and lying on our sides for 1-2 weeks.
  • It is really not good for the fat transfers to sit on them in the beginning -
  • If you have to sleep on your back, the inflated maternity bed is useful.
  • The boppy pillow allows you to sit while reducing the pressure on the implants. It is light enough to take around with you.
  • You can achieve the same effect with a thick foam pad, if you cut out the middle. 
  • One patient used a small spare tire, covered it with a sheet and said it worked well for sitting - but it's too heavy to carry around with you.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes, Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Brazilian butt lift can take up to 2 weeks before resuming usual activities.  One week without sitting on the buttocks.  Four weeks sitting on the boppy pillow.

It's important to avoid direct sitting on your buttocks for at least two weeks after surgery to ensure the best outcome. The longer you can avoid sitting, the better your ultimate outcome.You should also wear your garments for about four weeks. Minimize your activity (exercise) for about four weeks also. Most patients will take off about 1 or 2 weeks from work and will use special pillows to sit on when returning to work.  

Best of luck!!

BBL pillow

If you get a pillow that rests on your thighs and that avoids pressure on your buttocks that is good.  Good luck with your procedure.