Thank you for asking about your Brazilian butt lift.
- A very thoughtful question -
- It depends on the type and severity of your disease.
- You should discuss your surgery with the rheumatologist treating you - and get cleared for surgery.
- Then let your plastic surgeon know about your disease.
- Many people with autoimmune disease have cosmetic surgery but there is an increased risk of infection and poor healing.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS