Post tummy tuck tightening.

I had tummy tuck with lipo of flanks and back done about 1 and half wk ago.. now when i start walking my abs tighten up on its own . I wear my compression garment all the time. Is this normal? Do it mean i need to rest more or walk more?

Early post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (1 week post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Muscle tightness/spasm after tummy tuck

Thanks for the question.

The spasms are totally normal.  They resolve over time (usually a month).

Best of luck with your recovery.

Dr T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Post op muscle spasm

It isn't unusual for patients to experience post op muscles spasms especially so soon after surgery. Call your surgeon's office and ask whether or not he or she would recommend a muscle relaxer. This will resolve in time so don't let it worry you.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

You might be experiencing spasm of the muscles after the surgery. This should get better with time. Good luck.

Spasm after tummy tuck

It is very normal to get muscular spasm after a tummy tuck, especially so soon after. Many doctors will prescribe a muscle relaxant. Give your PS a call.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Muscle spasms after tummy tuck

Hi marvel321,

Thank you for your question and I'm sorry you are having these symptoms.  These symptoms seem normal this soon after surgery.  As you recover, your symptoms should improve.  I would recommend you follow your surgeon's instructions regarding activity and relay these and any issues you have to your plastic surgeon.

Hope that helps.

Dr. B

Post Op Activity

Some reactivity and contraction of muscles can be normal. It is very important that you follow your Plastic Surgeon's instructions regarding post op activity so that you do not overdo it. I encourage my patients to walk after surgery but prolonged sitting/standing or cardio exercise are to be avoided for 3 weeks. Talk to your Plastic Surgeon about their preferred post op protocols as they know your situation the best.

Take care