Will PicoSure successfully remove this? How many treatments will I need? (Photo)

PicoSure for Tattoo Removal

Picosure has a short pulse duration that exceeds photothermal action and results in an intense photomechanical impact. This adds up to faster results and fewer treatments when compared to other tattoo removal methods. It works best on darker inks such as black and blue. The number of sessions required to remove a tattoo can range from 6-10 sessions. The amount of sessions depends on the size, color and placement of the tattoo. The further the tattoo is from the heart the more time it will take to remove. I hope this information helps

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

PicoSure is best on blues and greens. PicoSecond 1064 lasers are best on black ink.

This tattoo has a lot of black ink.  The PicoSecond 1064 lasers (PrimaPico, PicoWay and Enlighten do better with black ink.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

PicoSure for tattoo removal

Thanks for your question. PicoSure™ uses photomechanical PressureWave technology, which is capable of shattering even the smallest targeted ink particles. The laser’s ultra-short pulse duration creates an intense impact, breaking up the tattoo ink into tiny particles that are easily eliminated from your body. The number of treatments you will need to fully remove your tattoo will depend on the size, ink color and depth of tattoo. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Tattoo Removal

Pico lasers are the most advanced technology. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths including the 1064 wavelength ideal for black pigment and the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Certain colors respond best to certain wavelengths. The amount of treatments can vary based on several factors such as the location of your tattoo, your skin tone, how sharp the ink is, and how quickly your body eliminates the ink. Even with advanced lasers and multiple wavelengths complete removal is not always possible. I believe that tattoos are removed faster and safer with Pico lasers and there is less risk of scarring. I think it is important not only to seek the best technology but an experienced laser tattoo removal provider.

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser Removal and Tattoo

The Alex-Trivantage laser would be perfect for this removal.  It will take at least 6 treatments to remove but will do it without any scarring.  Due to the dark colors involved this laser is perfect since it was designed for dark spots and dark tattoos with multiple colors such as yours.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Picosure is a great laser but the more dark and detailed a tattoo the harder it is to remove

This is a complex tattoo with many colors and good ink saturation.  Because of this it will take many treatments in order to fully remove the tattoo.  While the Picosecond lasers are so much better than previous lasers that literally could take 20+ treatments this is not going to be a 3 or 4 treatment removal due to its complexity.  Get seen by someone in person for best advice.  Good luck!